You are here: Home » Topic » Yet another FireFly Client (SilverPlay)page 2

Yet another FireFly Client (SilverPlay)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

fizze
    Participant

I couldn’t find it in this post – but does SilverPlay require Silverlight 1.0 or 2.0?

If it’s just 1.0 chances are it might work with MoonLight as well 😉

Anonymous

SilverPlay does require Silverlight 2.0.

So Moonlight is a no go for now sorry. 🙁

periferral

i installed mono (moonlight) latest from source and it compiled and installed successfully. I was able to use SilverPlay on my debian etch system with no worries.

i quite like the interface, and the look and feel overall. My comments/suggestions

1. as others pointed out, it was slow to buffer song immediately leading to skips during playing. Maybe you can take some time to buffer the songs before starting out the play if that is possible at all

2. i see you are working on and possible completely implemented smart-playlist support. This is really cool. When I create a smart playlist, is this added to firefly media server?

3. It would be cool if I could right click a track and add to playlist. Currently right-click give silverlight settings. Don’t know if that can be avoided.

4. i might be totally overlooking this but I don’t see a shuffle/loop mode. also there is a reload like button to the right to the play time indicator. I don’t quite know what that does.

5. The top right usually is designed for search. Maybe you can move search up there and move the skins dropdown to somewhere less ‘obstructive’ and also reduce its size since it seems a little overwhelming. Maybe just a name dropdown without the preview since the preview is really not useful.

6. in firefox, I cannot open a new tab. I think ctrl-tab shortcuts are suppressed by silverlight. Not sure if this is something you can work around.

I can help you design a logo. I do some basic graphic design so let me know if you have any ideas and I can create a few templates for you to review. hit me up on IM. I’m [email protected]/gmail/hotmail

Anonymous

Hi Perferral

Thanks a lot for you detailed feedback.
    I’m currently on a busines travel until next sunday and have no time to work on SilverPlay during that period. I will however continue early February on V0.2 and hope to have a static playlist editor available until somewhen mid february.

Specific to your input:
    >1. as others pointed out, it was slow to buffer song immediately leading to skips during playing. >Maybe you can take some time to buffer the songs before starting out the play if that is possible at all
    Yes that’s something I will try to do. May be a longer buffer time will help. Will make the buffer time configurable so it will be easier to get feedback on what values are giving best results.

>2. i see you are working on and possible completely implemented smart-playlist support. This is >really cool. When I create a smart playlist, is this added to firefly media server?
    The smarplaylist and the comming up static playlists are saved in firefly directly. Nothing is saved locally.

>3. It would be cool if I could right click a track and add to playlist. Currently right-click give >silverlight settings. Don’t know if that can be avoided.
    That’s unfortunately something which is not doable.
    That is something the silverlight community really wants and I hope MS will listen to that and add support in the comming versions.
    I tried several hacks and one of them works in most browsers but not in Firefox. It is not possible, or at least I haven’t found a way yet, in Firefox to supress a right mouse click from javascript right mouse click is always forwarded to the Silverlight plugin which then shows the configuration part.
    Will investigate more once I have the main functionaly in.

>4. i might be totally overlooking this but I don’t see a shuffle/loop mode. also there is a reload like > button to the right to the play time indicator. I don’t quite know what that does.
    The button to the right should actually be a repeat button. Meaning that when you have selected songs and you reach the end it will start over again.
    Shuffle is one thing on my priority list. Also a Extended Shuffle where you are able to shuffle songs from your whole selected playlaylist/library and not only the selected album.

>5. The top right usually is designed for search. Maybe you can move search up there and move the >skins dropdown to somewhere less ‘obstructive’ and also reduce its size since it seems a little >overwhelming. Maybe just a name dropdown without the preview since the preview is really not >useful.
    Good point. That’s certainly doable. Maybe I should put the theme selection to the status bar.

>6. in firefox, I cannot open a new tab. I think ctrl-tab shortcuts are suppressed by silverlight. Not >sure if this is something you can work around.
    Might be doable with some javascipt hack. Will also put that to my TODO items.

goana
    Participant

hi manred,

I have copied all the silverplay files into the folder “/opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/Silverplay/”. But I can only see a blank page when I use firefox 3.0.1 (windows machine). I have also changed the localhost to “myserverdyndns.org” in the file SilverPlay.html. I have copy the clientaccesspolicy.xml to “/opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/”, all with no success.

Any ideas?

goana

Anonymous

goana,

Do you have the Silverlight plugin installed?

If not, go here and install it:

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/resources/install.aspx

goana
    Participant

@spyralout:
    thanks for the answer, I have installed the silverlight plugin as mentioned in your last post. But I got still a blank page when I load the page http://myserver:3689/Silverplay/SilverPlay.html.

Any ideas?

goana

Anonymous

Are you hosting the site over IIS? If so this may help

http://silverlight.net/forums/p/9143/28855.aspx

Anonymous

Hi

Can you access the follwing file?
    http://myserver:3689/Silverplay/ClientBin/SilverPlay.xap

That’s the actual Silverlight Package which the html page should be able to download.

Running Firefox 3.0.1 myself so that bit should be ok.
    If you want I can try to debug it from my location. But for that you would have to provide me with your hostname. You could write me a private message with that info.

goana
    Participant

hi guys,

it works 🙂 I had forgotten to change the rights of few files 😳 . Thanks a lot for that great tool.

goana

Anonymous

Hi Goana

Glad you like it. Watch out for a new version soon 🙂

Manfred

konominut

I have installed and am just starting to use the SilverPlay application. I really like it so far. I am having issue with getting the queue function to work as I would understand queue to be. I select various songs into the queue and expect them to play in the order I placed them in queue. I cannot figure out how to get this to work. I am able to select songs and place them in queue but the only song that plays is the song highlighted in the library (browse) tab. What am I doing wrong.

Brian

Anonymous

Hi

I am having some difficulty with running this – all files seem present and correct , checked xml path but getting an XMl connector error popup on running it.

Can someone confirm what version of firefly this works with for certain? I am running 0.2.4.1

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi konominut

The idea is that if you create a playlist it will play from the playlist if the playlist tab is active.
    If the “browse” tab is active it will play songs from there.
    so to start playing from the playlist select the playlist tab and double click the first song and off you go.

Anonymous

Hi

@niknak wrote:

Hi

I am having some difficulty with running this – all files seem present and correct , checked xml path but getting an XMl connector error popup on running it.

Can someone confirm what version of firefly this works with for certain? I am running 0.2.4.1

Thanks!

What for an output do you get if you do enter the following on your browser?
    http://:3689/server-info?output=xml

You can also add the property debug=true to the initParameters in the SilverPlay.html file which will give you some output on what’s going on during connect.
    If you enable debug the MeshTab is replaced with a debug area. So once it’s running you should remove the debug again to get the MeshTab functionarlity. (Lyrics&Artist Info)

InitParams would look something like (with your server of course):

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.