XSPF Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tomasf

mt-daapd works great. It would be pretty cool if it had support for XSPF (see xspf.org) in addition to m3u as the file format for playlists. M3u is an old hack, and isn’t really a standard AFAIK.

Thanks!
    / Tomas

petteri

I’d also like to see this open source format supported! It would make working with Yahoo Music Engine much better! YME is my player of choice to its ease of use and support of the FLAC compression scheme. Thanks!

Peter

jtbse
    Participant

Resurrecting an old topic here.

Ron…did you ever look at this at all?

I’ve just recently started learning a bit about XSPF. It seems to be gaining some popularity as an open/portable format for playlists.

First advantage here, is that it might open things up for people wanting to get flash-based content from the web through Firefly. (e.g. Magnatune previews, maybe Pandora?, Last.FM?).

But I also think it might help me solve some of my cross-platform (i.e. Windows-Linux) issues with .m3u playlists….since it specifies things with a URI syntax that’s not specific to any particular type of file system.

rpedde
    Participant

@jtbse wrote:

Resurrecting an old topic here.

Ron…did you ever look at this at all?

I’ve just recently started learning a bit about XSPF. It seems to be gaining some popularity as an open/portable format for playlists.

First advantage here, is that it might open things up for people wanting to get flash-based content from the web through Firefly. (e.g. Magnatune previews, maybe Pandora?, Last.FM?).

But I also think it might help me solve some of my cross-platform (i.e. Windows-Linux) issues with .m3u playlists….since it specifies things with a URI syntax that’s not specific to any particular type of file system.

It’s pending the xml parser fixes that I need to support wmp playlists, too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the Yahoo Music-thing working with firefly now by the way? Or is it out of the question until further releases?

rpedde
    Participant

@anders wrote:

Is the Yahoo Music-thing working with firefly now by the way? Or is it out of the question until further releases?

The xml parser falls out of the upnp stuff, which is first up after a stable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.