XML Backend?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cheetahcat

Hello folks,

thanks for this very good piece of software. 🙂

I found the info about the XML/HTTP backend in th Wiki, so I was planning to use that in some of my home applications.
    However, it seems that output=xml or output=readable does not change the way mt-daapd is sending data to the HTTP client. It always sends the data in the binary daapd format.

Can someone provide information on this?

Thanks.

Cheetah

rpedde
    Participant

That’s only present in the nightly builds. Check the “nightlies” link on the left hand side.

Let me know if you need to expose other information from the xml interface.

— Ron

barnseyboy
    Participant

i downloaded the released 0.2.4 (not from nightlies from main download page) and compiled it for my NSLU2 as its running debianslug, but when i call any of the xml api functions (with output=xml) i get back binary daapd looking data rather than the xml format.

what should i do to be able to use the xml api?

fizze
    Participant

Use the source (Luke). 😉

from http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/

barnseyboy
    Participant

aah, so the xml api is only supported in the nightlie released source?

still seems odd that this feature wouldnt be available in the ‘official’ releases?

rpedde
    Participant

@barnseyboy wrote:

aah, so the xml api is only supported in the nightlie released source?

still seems odd that this feature wouldnt be available in the ‘official’ releases?

?

Nightlies are cvs snapshots. They aren’t “unofficial” versions, they are versions under development. At some point the code base will stabilize, and a new stable version will be released. At that point, the xml api will be available in the stable releases.

I’m not sure what’s odd about that.

That said, the xml api probably won’t change much (at all?) It’s relatively stable, so no real reason not to use it.

– Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.