You are here: Home » Topic » XBMCpage 5

XBMC

This topic contains 102 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  k3n85 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author

marlowe
    Participant

The subject says it all. Ron, thank you very much.

barnseyboy
    Participant

hurrah!

brilliant thanks ron, i’ll get the latest HEAD and give it a try here.

bb

ajayre
    Participant

It works! WOOHOO! Thanks Ron!

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Whew!

Glad to hear it.. Next up, FrontRow….

timeuser
    Participant

So is everyone saying it is now working with XBMC? I can’t get it to work. I’m running svn-1498 on Mac OS X 10.4.8. I can see the Firefly share with iTunes 7 on another computer on my network, so Firefly seems to be working as far as that. However, XBMC just says “Could not connect to network server.” Is it working for others? Please help or let me know if it’s just still a known issue. Thanks.

ajayre
    Participant

Double-check your settings in XBMC so it is trying to access the correct IP address and port.

Make sure you are using XBMC 2.0+.

Andy

barnseyboy
    Participant

yeah its working fine for me, in the past where ive got ‘not able to connect’ it was always an issue in my xbmc settings file.

slightly off topic .. is it me, or does it feel a bit slower to connect to firefly initially now? im running off an NSLU2 – which i appreciate is limited, and i have round 6000ish tunes, but its taking over a minute and a half to initially connect to firefly and get playlist/tune data (from either xbmc or PC).

timeuser
    Participant

I have XBMC 2.01. The IP settings are correct in XBMC because I can use them to connect from the other computer fine. It’s daap://192.168.11.4.

Perhaps it’s something with the Mac version of Firefly? Is anyone else using it on OS X with XBMC? Any other thoughts?

ajayre
    Participant

I’m using the linux version on Gentoo, built from source.
    I hope that helps.

rpedde
    Participant

@timeuser wrote:

I have XBMC 2.01. The IP settings are correct in XBMC because I can use them to connect from the other computer fine. It’s daap://192.168.11.4.

Perhaps it’s something with the Mac version of Firefly? Is anyone else using it on OS X with XBMC? Any other thoughts?

It might be a metadata issue, too.

Can you turn your debuglevel up to 9, and see if it actually connects to your server? I’m wondering if it’s not connecting, or if it *is* connecting, but it doesn’t like the response its getting. XBMC gives the same error in either event.

Also, if you have a problem with XBMC, you have to reboot it, since if it tries to connect when it isn’t running for example, and then you start he firefly server, it doesn’t try and connect again. It just reports a failure without even trying to connect.

So that could be an issue, too.

— Ron

tgor
    Participant

I’m running svn-1498 on XP Pro, XBMC T3CH 2.0.1 (Feb 1) and am not able to see firefly from the xbox. I can access my firefly shares from iTunes on other windows PCs, but not from XBMC (same as timeuser – ‘Could not connect to network server’). I can access the same MP3 files as SMB shares on that same PC from XBMC, so I know the xbox can access that PC over the network. My link on xbmc is daap://192.168.1.100 (I tried daap://192.168.1.100:3689 also).

I tried to set my debug level, but was unable to change it – can you instruct me? I didn’t see a place to set this in the conf file. I tried to start the service with the argument ‘-d 9’, and it seemed to ignore that (the log just said that the debug level was 2.

barnseyboy
    Participant

i have a reproducible issue (with xbmc2 and latest svn firefly), where …

i have a playlist with around 200 tunes in it.
    when i select a tune to play, an item around 10 tunes further down is selected and played.
    i can then continue down the list selecting each tune in turn, and the wrong (but same) tune is played.
    when i catch up to the selected tune playing in the list it is then selectable as usual, and the list continues to work further down.

make sense?

rpedde
    Participant

@barnseyboy wrote:

i have a reproducible issue (with xbmc2 and latest svn firefly), where …

i have a playlist with around 200 tunes in it.
    when i select a tune to play, an item around 10 tunes further down is selected and played.
    i can then continue down the list selecting each tune in turn, and the wrong (but same) tune is played.
    when i catch up to the selected tune playing in the list it is then selectable as usual, and the list continues to work further down.

make sense?

Yeah. But that’s kinda crazy. 🙂

Can you zip and email me your db to [email protected]? Even without the music, I can still feed the db to my xbmc and see what it’s trying to select.

— Ron

djurnove
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. Latest version of XBMC, latest version of Firefly (Windows). My Roku is able to connect to the Firefly server, but XBMC is not.

I’m using the default config for Firefly. I’ve tried the following settings in XBMC:

SLUG
    daap://192.168.1.102:3689

Firefly on PC
    daap://192.168.1.100

Firefly on PC 2
    daap://192.168.1.100:3689

Neither of the connections to the PC (192.168.1.100) worked. The connection to the SLUG works. I set the Firefly debugging to level 9, and it never sees a connection attempt from XBMC. When I connect with the Roku, the log shows connection attempts (and it works).

XBMC is definitely able to see the PC, as I can browse SMB shares on the PC from XBMC.

barnseyboy
    Participant

ron ive mailed you a zipped songs.db file and an email with some further details …

as requested .. heres my db file.

after further investigation i have deduced that this is a problem with the database/itunes server, not just its interaction with xbmc. as if i try to play these tunes in my PC Itunes client (6.0.5) these tunes also fail to start. (although unlike xmbc, itunes just stops dead, rather than moving on and playing the next playable file in the list).

The specific problem tunes are in the Classical playlist, anything with the album ‘The Mozart Collecxtion : Le nozze di Figaro (Highlights)’

kinda regards

db

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)

The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.