XBMC

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

I tried running mt-daapd -d9, cleared the log, restarted XMBC and then browsed the mt-daapd server. As expected the playlists were empty, however the mt-daapd log was also empty. Not sure if this helps or not.
    Kinda keen to get some guidance on this. I know you’re really busy and doing this for free, but I bought an XBox just for this… 😀

Andy

I guess first is find out if it’s working at all. Forget about xbmc, make sure it works with iTunes as a client. Connect with iTunes. Look at the playlists, and make sure everything works there.

I couldn’t tell from what you said above if that’s working or not. If it doesn’t work against iTunes, it won’t work against xbmc.

That’s the first place to start.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I start iTunes I can browse the mt-daapd files by clicking on it’s entry on the left. There I can see all my MP3s and play them.

I only see the single playlist that I created in iTunes. I don’t see any of the mt-daapd smart playlists that I created in the mt-daapd web interface.

Is this correct?

Thanks for the help!

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

When I start iTunes I can browse the mt-daapd files by clicking on it’s entry on the left. There I can see all my MP3s and play them.

I only see the single playlist that I created in iTunes. I don’t see any of the mt-daapd smart playlists that I created in the mt-daapd web interface.

Is this correct?

Thanks for the help!

Andy

Whatever you see in iTunes is what you should expect to see in xbmc. If you dont’ see it in iTunes, you won’t see it in xbmc. So add a smart playlist using the syntax on the playlist page, and verify it works on iTunes. If it does, then check it out on xbmc.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, so back to the original problem.

I just tried browing mt-daapd in XBMC (mid may T3CH release), and both “Library” and “Music from the 90’s” are empty. They appear, but they have notihng in them.

It works in iTunes, so hopefully it is something simple to getting working with XBMC?

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

In this post you mention that the place to add smart playlists in mt-daapd is in the web interface:
    http://forums.mt-daapd.org/viewtopic.php?t=4602

I’ve already done that a long time ago. See the screenshot. The playlists work fine in my Soundbridge, but they don’t appear in iTunes.

Are they supposed to appear in iTunes? What could cause them to not appear? Could it be a paths problem?

I am running iTunes 6.0.4, mt-daapd svn 909. I have the following folder setup:

mp3_dir = /unmirrored/My Music/iTunes

Inside mp3_dir is my iTunes XML file. The MP3s are stored in:

/unmirrored/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Can you zip up your database and email it to ron at pedde.com?

They really should show up in iTunes. If they don’t, there is something seriously wrong. Probably explains why it won’t work on xbmc, either.

— Ron

morglum

Looks like I found the thread I was looking for.

Ron: did you find out was was wrong with his database ? Because I have the exact same problem;

I created a smartlist using the web interface. I can see there are songs in it through the web interface.

ITUNES doesnt see the smart playlist at all, but sees all the files in the library.
    XBMC sees both the library and the smart playlist, but there is nothing in them (even the library is empty).

Setup:
    XBMC, june 11th, 2006 release
    Nightlies 1206 release running on NSLU2

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve sent Ron a couple of databases. Still waiting to hear back.

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

I’ve sent Ron a couple of databases. Still waiting to hear back.

Andy

Did you not get my mail? I’m moving domains, so it might have gotten lost. Lemme see.

Oh yeah. The version you are running doesn’t like windows playlists. You need to get up to a current nightly. This is your db, right?

2|e:mp3playlistssurf-a-billy|2|0||1147149639|e:mp3playlistssurf-a-billy.m3u|0
    3|e:mp3playlistssouthern rock|2|0||1147149640|e:mp3playlistssouthern rock.m3u|0

etc, etc.

The e:… is a sign of an old version of mt-daapd.

— Ron

p.s. I didn’t see *any* smart playlists in your db. Are you sure you sent me the one you wanted me to see?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.