XBMC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t seem to find the thread that used to be on here about this. I think it has the solution to my problem.

OK, running mt-daapd svn909 with my soundbridge without a problem.
    I now have XBOX Media Center and I can view the playlists, but they are all empty.

In mt-daapd.conf I have:

[daap]
    empty_strings=1

I previously ran the config conversion – at least I think I did. The settings start with [general].

I’m using a version of XBMC from mid May 2006.

Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

I can’t seem to find the thread that used to be on here about this. I think it has the solution to my problem.

OK, running mt-daapd svn909 with my soundbridge without a problem.
    I now have XBOX Media Center and I can view the playlists, but they are all empty.

In mt-daapd.conf I have:

[daap]
    empty_strings=1

I previously ran the config conversion – at least I think I did. The settings start with [general].

I’m using a version of XBMC from mid May 2006.

Any ideas?

Noooo… that should be it. Although a mid-may xmbc should work without the empty_strings hack.

You’ve tried it *without* empty_strings?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I changed the conf file to:

[daap]
    empty_strings=0

restarted and I get the same result. When I select a playlist it shows 0 objects.

Here are some specifics:

XBMC T3CH 2006-05-13
    mt-daapd svn-909

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

OK, I changed the conf file to:

[daap]
    empty_strings=0

restarted and I get the same result. When I select a playlist it shows 0 objects.

Here are some specifics:

XBMC T3CH 2006-05-13
    mt-daapd svn-909

Andy

And you’ve verified that the playlists are full in iTunes? I’ll see what version I have and how it behaves with current nightlies.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

The playlists are mt-daapd smart playlists, so they don’t appear in iTunes.

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, that got me thinking. I have one playlist that I created in iTunes. I just checked and it works in XBMC. So how do I get the smart playlists working?

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

OK, that got me thinking. I have one playlist that I created in iTunes. I just checked and it works in XBMC. So how do I get the smart playlists working?

Andy

Is the smart playlist empty when you look at it with iTunes?

If so, there is a page on trac (http://trac.mt-daapd.org) under developer info that describes the smart playlist format.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ron, I’m not sure if we have our wires crossed here. 🙂

I have one playlist that I created in iTunes. That shows up in iTunes, soundbridge and XMBC ok.

I then have lots of smart playlists that I created using the mt-daapd web interface. Those show up in Soundbridge, but not iTunes. The names show up in XMBC but not the contents.

I hope that helps.

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried scanning in my music into XBMC and that didn’t help.

Does it work for you Ron? If so then it might indicate a paths problem with my setup. Please let me know. If you need more information then let me know also.

Thanks for the help!

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried running mt-daapd -d9, cleared the log, restarted XMBC and then browsed the mt-daapd server. As expected the playlists were empty, however the mt-daapd log was also empty. Not sure if this helps or not.
    Kinda keen to get some guidance on this. I know you’re really busy and doing this for free, but I bought an XBox just for this… 😀

Andy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 103 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.