You are here: Home » Topic » XBMC

XBMC

This topic contains 102 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  k3n85 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • Author

ajayre
    Participant

I can’t seem to find the thread that used to be on here about this. I think it has the solution to my problem.

OK, running mt-daapd svn909 with my soundbridge without a problem.
    I now have XBOX Media Center and I can view the playlists, but they are all empty.

In mt-daapd.conf I have:

[daap]
    empty_strings=1

I previously ran the config conversion – at least I think I did. The settings start with [general].

I’m using a version of XBMC from mid May 2006.

Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

I can’t seem to find the thread that used to be on here about this. I think it has the solution to my problem.

OK, running mt-daapd svn909 with my soundbridge without a problem.
    I now have XBOX Media Center and I can view the playlists, but they are all empty.

In mt-daapd.conf I have:

[daap]
    empty_strings=1

I previously ran the config conversion – at least I think I did. The settings start with [general].

I’m using a version of XBMC from mid May 2006.

Any ideas?

Noooo… that should be it. Although a mid-may xmbc should work without the empty_strings hack.

You’ve tried it *without* empty_strings?

ajayre
    Participant

OK, I changed the conf file to:

[daap]
    empty_strings=0

restarted and I get the same result. When I select a playlist it shows 0 objects.

Here are some specifics:

XBMC T3CH 2006-05-13
    mt-daapd svn-909

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

OK, I changed the conf file to:

[daap]
    empty_strings=0

restarted and I get the same result. When I select a playlist it shows 0 objects.

Here are some specifics:

XBMC T3CH 2006-05-13
    mt-daapd svn-909

Andy

And you’ve verified that the playlists are full in iTunes? I’ll see what version I have and how it behaves with current nightlies.

— Ron

ajayre
    Participant

The playlists are mt-daapd smart playlists, so they don’t appear in iTunes.

Andy

ajayre
    Participant

OK, that got me thinking. I have one playlist that I created in iTunes. I just checked and it works in XBMC. So how do I get the smart playlists working?

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

OK, that got me thinking. I have one playlist that I created in iTunes. I just checked and it works in XBMC. So how do I get the smart playlists working?

Andy

Is the smart playlist empty when you look at it with iTunes?

If so, there is a page on trac (http://trac.mt-daapd.org) under developer info that describes the smart playlist format.

— Ron

ajayre
    Participant

Ron, I’m not sure if we have our wires crossed here. 🙂

I have one playlist that I created in iTunes. That shows up in iTunes, soundbridge and XMBC ok.

I then have lots of smart playlists that I created using the mt-daapd web interface. Those show up in Soundbridge, but not iTunes. The names show up in XMBC but not the contents.

I hope that helps.

Andy

ajayre
    Participant

I tried scanning in my music into XBMC and that didn’t help.

Does it work for you Ron? If so then it might indicate a paths problem with my setup. Please let me know. If you need more information then let me know also.

Thanks for the help!

Andy

ajayre
    Participant

I tried running mt-daapd -d9, cleared the log, restarted XMBC and then browsed the mt-daapd server. As expected the playlists were empty, however the mt-daapd log was also empty. Not sure if this helps or not.
    Kinda keen to get some guidance on this. I know you’re really busy and doing this for free, but I bought an XBox just for this… 😀

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

I tried running mt-daapd -d9, cleared the log, restarted XMBC and then browsed the mt-daapd server. As expected the playlists were empty, however the mt-daapd log was also empty. Not sure if this helps or not.
    Kinda keen to get some guidance on this. I know you’re really busy and doing this for free, but I bought an XBox just for this… 😀

Andy

I guess first is find out if it’s working at all. Forget about xbmc, make sure it works with iTunes as a client. Connect with iTunes. Look at the playlists, and make sure everything works there.

I couldn’t tell from what you said above if that’s working or not. If it doesn’t work against iTunes, it won’t work against xbmc.

That’s the first place to start.

— Ron

ajayre
    Participant

When I start iTunes I can browse the mt-daapd files by clicking on it’s entry on the left. There I can see all my MP3s and play them.

I only see the single playlist that I created in iTunes. I don’t see any of the mt-daapd smart playlists that I created in the mt-daapd web interface.

Is this correct?

Thanks for the help!

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@ajayre wrote:

When I start iTunes I can browse the mt-daapd files by clicking on it’s entry on the left. There I can see all my MP3s and play them.

I only see the single playlist that I created in iTunes. I don’t see any of the mt-daapd smart playlists that I created in the mt-daapd web interface.

Is this correct?

Thanks for the help!

Andy

Whatever you see in iTunes is what you should expect to see in xbmc. If you dont’ see it in iTunes, you won’t see it in xbmc. So add a smart playlist using the syntax on the playlist page, and verify it works on iTunes. If it does, then check it out on xbmc.

— Ron

ajayre
    Participant

OK, so back to the original problem.

I just tried browing mt-daapd in XBMC (mid may T3CH release), and both “Library” and “Music from the 90’s” are empty. They appear, but they have notihng in them.

It works in iTunes, so hopefully it is something simple to getting working with XBMC?

Andy

ajayre
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)

The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.