XBMC not recognizing entire Firefly/iTunes library

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues XBMC not recognizing entire Firefly/iTunes library

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ziff73
    Participant

Greetings, I think this is the right place to ask. I’ve looked around and haven’t seen anyone with the same issue as me (i think)… so here goes…

Just setup XBMC and I would like to link/(scan in) my iTunes library from my notebook (XP sp2) over either wired or wireless. I understand that iTunes 7 is a nogo at this point, so i installed Bonjour and Firefly.

Currently my iTunes library (xml file) is located in My Docs/My Music, and my actual music files are located on another drive (USB attached).

Once I completed my Firefly install, I checked to see if iTunes could connect as a client. Success, it was able to read the entire library of 21k+ songs. However, when I attempt to connect(daap://etc…) from XBMC, sometimes it shows me the library and playlists and sometimes not. And when I try and scan in the library, it only scans in a subset (~9k songs)

Any thoughts? I realize I an new at this, however I think I setup everything correctly.

Thanks for your help. Version info below.

XBMC (XBMC-SVN_2007-04-20_rev8582-T3CH-MIDI)
    Firefly (Nightly on XP, 1549)
    Server OS (XPsp2)
    Server HW (1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM)
    Music Library (USB attached 120GB, WD Drive)

rpedde
    Participant

@ziff73 wrote:

Greetings, I think this is the right place to ask. I’ve looked around and haven’t seen anyone with the same issue as me (i think)… so here goes…

Just setup XBMC and I would like to link/(scan in) my iTunes library from my notebook (XP sp2) over either wired or wireless. I understand that iTunes 7 is a nogo at this point, so i installed Bonjour and Firefly.

Currently my iTunes library (xml file) is located in My Docs/My Music, and my actual music files are located on another drive (USB attached).

Once I completed my Firefly install, I checked to see if iTunes could connect as a client. Success, it was able to read the entire library of 21k+ songs. However, when I attempt to connect(daap://etc…) from XBMC, sometimes it shows me the library and playlists and sometimes not. And when I try and scan in the library, it only scans in a subset (~9k songs)

Any thoughts? I realize I an new at this, however I think I setup everything correctly.

Thanks for your help. Version info below.

XBMC (XBMC-SVN_2007-04-20_rev8582-T3CH-MIDI)
    Firefly (Nightly on XP, 1549)
    Server OS (XPsp2)
    Server HW (1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM)
    Music Library (USB attached 120GB, WD Drive)

There is an issue with parsing iTunes xml and losing playlist right now. Might step back to 1489, which is the most stable nightly and see what that gets you.

— Ron

ziff73
    Participant

Thanks, will try and and report back.

thanks for your help.

rpedde
    Participant

@ziff73 wrote:

Thanks, will try and and report back.

thanks for your help.

Another thought — it *has* to be running on the iTunes port – 3689, and it has to be started before you start iTunes on that machine, or iTunes grabs the port.

Thats also worth noting, although you probably already have this if its partially working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.