works only in debug mode

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a problem with firefly. the windows prg. starts without error, the soundbridge will find also my mp3 archive but he cant connect, error incompatible archiv found please use firefly?! hm, i use firefly..!!!

after i start firefly in debug mode, it runs perfect. where is the problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just installed FireFly on windows box as well and I get the same. My mp3 source sits on a linux server that I reach with mapped drive and can see in explorer no problem.

When running in debug mode the songs are added (it shows in the debug console and on the web interface) – when I run in normal mode the scan starts and adds nothing. The log file is not very helpful either:

2008-09-19 09:20:13 (a90cca6f): Rescanning database
    2008-09-19 09:20:13 (a90cca6f): Starting playlist scan
    2008-09-19 09:20:13 (a90cca6f): Updating playlists
    2008-09-19 09:20:13 (a90cca6f): Scanned 0 songs (was 0) in 0 seconds

Help anyone?

fizze
    Participant

What version of firefly are you using?

Clearly you are using Pinnacle Soundbridges?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The latest downloaded from the web – Version svn-1586

Currently just setting up the server – my Soundbridge is arriving on Monday. Do I need a SOundbridge palyer before the server will scan? (It does in debug mode)

fizze
    Participant

No you don’t.
    Either way, forget the debug mode, and check the web administration interface. If you haven’t specified your music directories and whatnot, it is obvious that it wont find anything.

Cefu

ChrisLaurie, did you ever figure this one out? I’m experiencing the exact same behavior on a very different version.

I run the only version I can (1.0 svn-1359) to serve music from a Windows server for my Roku. I used to do this on a very old box running WinXP and it worked fine, now I reinstalled on a Win 2003 Server box and it can’t find any songs unless I run in Debug mode. I have tried pointing it to two different network shares on completely different devices and neither works.

I did read something about the files have to be on the same filesystem because they are cataloged by inode number… could this be my issue?

fizze
    Participant

No, the inode thingy is only true for 0.2.4.x builds.
    I’m not too familiar with the windows builds – what exactly changes when you run it in debug mode?

You can always set the debuglevel to 9 for maximum verbosity, regardless of any other options.

I suggest you delete/move your songs.db file, set the debuglevel to 9 and fire it up in normal mode. Then check the log for hints.
    If i recall correctly firefly is run as a windows service, and that would imply permission issues. “local system” doesn’t have access to any shares whatsoever by default.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.