Windows Media Player Playlists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paddy481

I am a new Firefly user. Running a Soundbridge 2000 w/latest software, Windows XP Pro SP2, and Windows MP 10. After installing Bonjour and Firefly successfully I opened the configuration window to point to my music library which is on a second drive [D:Audio Collection]. It appears to scan correctly and Firefly restarts. Turn on Soundbridge and most of the tracks are there for browsing (i.e. Artist/Album/Genre). However, none of my Windows Media Player Playlists are there (I have 30). Do I need to take additional steps for the playlists to appear/play. I use my Soundbridge 90% of the time for playlist function. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Paddy481

rpedde
    Participant

@paddy481 wrote:

I am a new Firefly user. Running a Soundbridge 2000 w/latest software, Windows XP Pro SP2, and Windows MP 10. After installing Bonjour and Firefly successfully I opened the configuration window to point to my music library which is on a second drive [D:Audio Collection]. It appears to scan correctly and Firefly restarts. Turn on Soundbridge and most of the tracks are there for browsing (i.e. Artist/Album/Genre). However, none of my Windows Media Player Playlists are there (I have 30). Do I need to take additional steps for the playlists to appear/play. I use my Soundbridge 90% of the time for playlist function. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Paddy481

They need to be saved as .m3u playlists, not the native windows media player playlists. At some point I hope to read the windows media ones, but not yet.

— Ron

DennyC

Also a new user here. I have everything working except the WMP11 playlists. I saved several of them as M3U files but they still don’t show up on my Roku. They’re saved in the same folder as my original ones…should that make a difference? Thanks for any help.

rpedde
    Participant

@DennyC wrote:

Also a new user here. I have everything working except the WMP11 playlists. I saved several of them as M3U files but they still don’t show up on my Roku. They’re saved in the same folder as my original ones…should that make a difference? Thanks for any help.

Should work so long as the .m3u files are stored somewhere under the folder you specifiy as you music folder. You’ll also want to make sure you save them there from WMP, not move them there from somewhere else.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.