WiFiTunes – a Windows Mobile client

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion WiFiTunes – a Windows Mobile client

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    indiekiduk
    Participant

If you have a Windows Pocket PC with WiFi you can connect it to Firefly with an app called WiFiTunes. Its basically a software implementation of Soundbridge. More about it here:

http://www.aspecto-software.com/rw/applications/wifitunes/index.html

I’m the developer of this app but I’ve only just discovered Firefly (I had been using iTunes 6 as the server). If anyone here has any ideas of how WiFiTunes can be improved I’d like to hear them ๐Ÿ™‚

fizze
    Participant

Great ๐Ÿ™‚
    I tried WiFiFoFum a while ago, but Its kinda tricky to get it to run on Windows Ce 3.0 devices ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gotta try this some day.

rpedde
    Participant

@indiekiduk wrote:

If you have a Windows Pocket PC with WiFi you can connect it to Firefly with an app called WiFiTunes. Its basically a software implementation of Soundbridge. More about it here:

http://www.aspecto-software.com/rw/applications/wifitunes/index.html

I’m the developer of this app but I’ve only just discovered Firefly (I had been using iTunes 6 as the server). If anyone here has any ideas of how WiFiTunes can be improved I’d like to hear them ๐Ÿ™‚

I read your page — the D-Link device you mention is also running firefly (the stable version – 0.2.4).

Do you have plans for releasing the source?

indiekiduk
    Participant

Yep I’d like to release the source. But I never found a good way to automate the posting of new versions which is what I’d really like to do. I use my own SVN server you see and the WiFiTunes solution uses projects in different dirs in SVN. I can’t really give public access to my SVN server as its owned by my University and putting the source in an archive and removing all the .svn folders would be a bit of a pain. I could do it for the current verison if it would be helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.