which db versions does roku support?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hello all,

i own a Roku soundbridge M1001 and have firefly media server running on my windows based desktop perfectly, i can access my music without any problems.

I found a ported firefly version for the iPhone which i installed hoping to stream my music from my iPhone to my soundbridge directly.

the media server is installed on my iPhone and works fine serving music to itunes on my desktop yet my roku soundbridge keeps telling me that it detects a DAAP (itunes like) server on the network but it cant connect to it and that it recommends firefly media server.

i’ve downloaded the firefly config file from my iPhone and checked the differences with the one on my desktop and i found that the desktop uses dbtype sqlite and my iPhone sqlite3.

in an attempt to fix the issue i changed the db type in the config file and to sqlite and uploaded it to my iPhone yet when i start the server i cant log into the web admin panel anymore and it seems to simply stop working. i cant see it on my soundbridge either.

so now my question is: do i need to have the sqlite dbtype for the soundbridge to be able to connect to it and if so, how do i convert the db on my iphone to the required format?

if the dbtype is not the problem, any other suggestions are welcome ofcourse.

thanks alot!

EVILRipper
    Participant

The roku soundbridge “talks” to the iPhone firefly server using RSP.
    What firefly uses in the back-end, sqlite or sqlite3, does not change a bit for what roku soundbridge sees/knows.

So this issue isnt related to the soundbridge, but merely a broken firefly install. I believe the newest version (1696) only supports sqlite, and not sqlite3. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

stretch
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

I believe the newest version (1696) only supports sqlite, and not sqlite3. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Other way around. svn-1696 works fine with sqlite3 but is prone to crashing with sqlite

@redser wrote:

it detects a DAAP (itunes like) server on the network but it cant connect to it and that it recommends firefly media server.

Is what a Pinnacle SoundBridge will say when it finds a DAAP server.

Firefly has TWO* communications protocols DAAP & RSP. Roku branded units can use either, Pinnacle branded units can only use RSP due to licensing restrictions from Apple
    My guess is the iPhone port of Firefly has had the RSP component removed.

* It actually has three but UPnP doesn’t work beyond discovery

Anonymous
    Inactive

i definetly own a Roku soundbridge so this shouldn’t cause a problem.

heres a screenshot of my server running on my iPhone:

hopefully this will help in solving my problem. i am at a loss of what the problem can be.

thanks alot

fizze
    Participant

Where did you get your Soundbridge?
    I’m quite certain it is a Pinnacle model.

For a test, you can try to deactivate the RSP Plugin on your PC’s firefly server and see whether or not the Soundbridge connects alright.

stretch
    Participant

Looking at that screen shot, RSP (svn-1586) is installed so the problem is something else

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have double checked and i really do have a Roku soundbridge. and as stretch sais, RSP is installed so it should work.

does anyone else have any suggestions why this problem could occur? the config files of my dektop firefly and my iPhone firefly are identical except for the dbtype. As EVILRipper sais this doesnt matter i can only guess that the RSP version my iPhone runs is too old for the soundbridge.

i will check which RSP version my desktop runs and see if this might be the problem.

stretch
    Participant

@redser wrote:

i can only guess that the RSP version my iPhone runs is too old for the soundbridge.

Nope, it’s not that either.
    The RSP version in the screen shot is svn-1586 which is listed as the most stable nightly.
    The only version after svn-1586 that should even be considered is svn-1696 but it has problems when using an sqlite2 database.

What does the SoundBridge do if you use iTunes on the desktop as the server?
    What firmware version does your SoundBridge have? Firmware before version 2.5.173 does not support RSP & there was an RSP update in a later firmware revision.

Also, on your iPhone, set Firefly error logging to level 5, restart the server & try connecting to it with the SB. Once you’ve done that, check the error log.
    If there are no error messages, try again but with error logging set to level 9.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.