What is the easiest way to get OGG transcoding working?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback What is the easiest way to get OGG transcoding working?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mvanloon
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to get OGG transcoding working on my maxtor shared storage (MSS) NAS. I’m currently running mt-daapd 0.2.4 from an IPK (found it at http://ipkg.openmss.org/testing) which apparently is not compiled with ogg support.

From what I understand the only way to compile mt-daapd (or anything really) for the MIPS processor is to run a cross compile on a Linux system. Since I don’t have a Linux install handy, let alone have the correct toolchain etc. It’ll be days before I get the correct environment running I’m afraid, if I get it running at all.

Does anyone have a mips-el compiled version with ogg support laying around? Is there by any chance an ipk repository somewhere that offers recent mips-el-ogg-supporting compiled versions?

I noticed there is an armeb version of the nightly available on http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/. I assume that’s for the ARM processor and won’t run on my broadcom mips will it (duh)? Would it be possible to add a mips-el version to the nightlies page?

thanks,

mathieu

rpedde
    Participant

@mvanloon wrote:

Does anyone have a mips-el compiled version with ogg support laying around? Is there by any chance an ipk repository somewhere that offers recent mips-el-ogg-supporting compiled versions?

Someone was building one earlier. Maybe they are still around. Otherwise, I’m going to start moving (with rwhitby’s permission) firefly nightlies into nslu2, which ought to get mips, etc.

mvanloon
    Participant

aah I hadn’t found the nslu2 site before. What a treasure!

I’ll keep an eye out for a nightly build over there, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.