Web Interface Questions…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kato
    Participant

I have a couple of questions regarding the Firefly web interface.

1) Using the interface how do I disable the autoscan feature?
    Set ‘always scan’ to ‘no’? Set rescan interval to 0?

2) When accessing the interface from a remote location and I stop the server I am locked out. Is there any way to instruct Firefly to start up again when I stop it remotely?

Cheers,
    Kato

Iris
    Participant

1) Using the interface how do I disable the autoscan feature?
    Set ‘always scan’ to ‘no’? Set rescan interval to 0?

That’s correct

2) When accessing the interface from a remote location and I stop the server I am locked out. Is there any way to instruct Firefly to start up again when I stop it remotely?

Not sure if it matters but you don’t specify the platform your running Firefly on? Windows, Linux?

One option with Linux is to Telnet into my NAS and issue the following command:

/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd

But then I never turn the server off ๐Ÿ˜•

Iris

Kato
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

Not sure if it matters but you don’t specify the platform your running Firefly on? Windows, Linux?

I’m running in Windows XP.

I do know the Telnet bit for my NSLU2.

Iris
    Participant

@Kato wrote:

I do know the Telnet bit for my NSLU2.

At a command prompt type

telnet 

Iris

rpedde
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

telnet 

Iris

And the command to actually start it is “/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd”

— Ron

quitte
    Participant

Hi
    Is it possible to disable the web interface? As the password is not sent over a ssl connection, stored in clear text and the server is visible via bonjour leaving it on is not an option.
    Thanks

fizze
    Participant

Ah, just close the port 3689 ๐Ÿ˜‰
    You can also change the port and definetely configure mt-daapd to use avahi-daemon, which afaik you can tell what services to broadcast, and which to be quiet about.

quitte
    Participant

heh, thanks.
    Well then hereby I declare this a feature request. Also there seems to be a problem when mt-daapd forks. My browser shows firefly three times now in its bookmark.
    If it’s a good idea to make a new topic fo this in the feature requests subforum please tell me.
    I’m using the svn-1586 version from debian.

rpedde
    Participant

@quitte wrote:

heh, thanks.
    Well then hereby I declare this a feature request. Also there seems to be a problem when mt-daapd forks. My browser shows firefly three times now in its bookmark.
    If it’s a good idea to make a new topic fo this in the feature requests subforum please tell me.
    I’m using the svn-1586 version from debian.

If you close the port, then it can’t serve daap — daap serves files over http, which is why there is a web server there. It’s “free”, as it has to be there.

You can get rid of the files in admin_root, if you want, but you can’t turn off the web service.

afaik, you can’t use better auth either, like digest, because most daap clients won’t support it. I don’t want to use digest anyway, because then I can’t integrate it with other authentication methods. I’m thinking of leveraging the squid auth modules for that, but it won’t happen until I finish the ssl support.

So bottom line is, if you don’t want your mt-daad admin password exposed, don’t do your management over the web interface.

Kato
    Participant

Sorry to take over my thread ๐Ÿ˜› but I still would like to know if there is a way to remotely ‘tell’ Firefly to ‘stop server’ and then automatically start again, from a remote location when running under Windows XP.

When I stop it in the web interface I am locked out. Firefly is still running on the remote machine but I can’t ‘tell’ it to start…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.