Web interface default password?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dagoo
    Participant

Hi–

I’ve successfully installed Firefly 1.0 on a ReadyNAS NV+, using the add-on provided at the Infrant site. My Soundbridge 1001 sees the “iTunes” server, and all is working fine there.

However, I can’t access the web admin interface. I am asked for a username and password, which I never set.

Is there a default user name and password? I tried “firefly” and “mt-daapd” as pw, with a blank user field and with “admin” as username.

Thanks for any ideas!

–D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a default user name and password? I tried “firefly” and “mt-daapd” as pw, with a blank user field and with “admin” as username.

Should be a blank username, p/w is mt-daapd

dagoo
    Participant

Thanks Andy–

I actually tried both “admin” and a blank username field, with mt-daapd as pw.

I hunted around in other threads, and I found one where Ron indicates that remote access (from a machine other than the one running the server) is disabled until a non-default pw is set. If this is indeed the case, how can I access my ReadyNAS directly, if not from a web browser on my MacBook?

Thanks for your help…

–D

EDIT: I messed around with this, and the default pw is the same as the default pw for the ReadyNAS NV+ itself. Don’t know why this is set this way, maybe the folks who put together the add-on for the NV+ edited the config file?

rpedde
    Participant

@dagoo wrote:

Thanks Andy–

I actually tried both “admin” and a blank username field, with mt-daapd as pw.

I hunted around in other threads, and I found one where Ron indicates that remote access (from a machine other than the one running the server) is disabled until a non-default pw is set. If this is indeed the case, how can I access my ReadyNAS directly, if not from a web browser on my MacBook?

Thanks for your help…

–D

EDIT: I messed around with this, and the default pw is the same as the default pw for the ReadyNAS NV+ itself. Don’t know why this is set this way, maybe the folks who put together the add-on for the NV+ edited the config file?

That would be my guess. It really has to be set to something on a nas, as you mentioned, just so you can get access to it.

So yeah, that’s up to the packagers to set the default password.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.