Web interface 401 error?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Never mind, guys, I RTFM and figured it out.

squashuax
    Participant

What manual? I’m getting the same error using 1696 on Maxtor MSS+ NAS. Please let me know how you figured it out. Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@squashuax wrote:

What manual? I’m getting the same error using 1696 on Maxtor MSS+ NAS. Please let me know how you figured it out. Thanks.

Whenever you try and open an admin web page, the web server responds with a “401 Unauthorized” error. That’s what lets the browser know to prompt for a username and password.

So that’s normal for trying to view a password protected web page.

— Ron

squashuax
    Participant

Got it. Everything is actually working fine since I removed and reinstalled mt-daapd, switched to sqlite3, and set scan interval to 0. The MSS+ spins down when not in use, spins up when called by the Soundbridge, and generally seems to be working more quickly than it did with 1671. I do notice that it sometimes seems to take a little extra time getting from one song to the next, but I haven’t tried to quantify or repeat the issue.

Now I’m a little nervous about performing a manual scan after I upload the CDs I received for Christmas. We’ll see…

When 1696 is updated to resolve the db issues, will it be called 1697, or will there be another version of 1696? And what is the best way to learn when the changes are made?

rpedde
    Participant

@squashuax wrote:

Got it. Everything is actually working fine since I removed and reinstalled mt-daapd, switched to sqlite3, and set scan interval to 0. The MSS+ spins down when not in use, spins up when called by the Soundbridge, and generally seems to be working more quickly than it did with 1671. I do notice that it sometimes seems to take a little extra time getting from one song to the next, but I haven’t tried to quantify or repeat the issue.

Now I’m a little nervous about performing a manual scan after I upload the CDs I received for Christmas. We’ll see…

When 1696 is updated to resolve the db issues, will it be called 1697, or will there be another version of 1696? And what is the best way to learn when the changes are made?

There is an rss feed from the nightlies.mt-daapd.org page, and that will get bumped on a new release.

The release numbers are based on checkins… I checked in some stuff tonight (those following svn will be happy to see that it mostly works for sqlite2 now), and that was r1706. I’ll probably release something dangerously buggy this weekend, for those that are gluttons for punishment.

— Ron

squashuax
    Participant

Can you please explain “checkins?”

In the snapshots at http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/, I see the file “mt-daapd_svn-1696-1_mipsel.ipk.” Is this the up to date and correct file for Firefly on MSS+?

In the Nightlies RSS feed at http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/makerss.php/, I see the following:

“2007-10-29: memory leak fixes
    Monday, October 29, 2007, 10:00:00 AM

Fixes for three fairly large memory leaks. Likely this will be the last nightly for a while, as I want to work on adding the new playlist features and redoing the database backend. Expect a couple weeks before another nightly. I may work on the build system a bit too, so there might be builds for gutsy and/or rhel 4/5.

no promises on timelines for that, though.

As always, feedback to the forums, please.”

Does this mean that the last update was on October 29?

Where does “r1706” show up?

By the way, I updated a playlist in iTunes last night, then sent the updated library.xml file to my music folder on the MSS+, renamed it iTunes Library.xml, and clicked “scan” in the web interface. This caused mt-daapd to crash. I was able to get it running again by entering “reboot” in telnet via Putty, but it did not pick up the new playlist. Is there a workaround?

EVILRipper
    Participant

He has his own subversion to keep track of versions. Currently, he seems to be at revision 1706. As you can see on the nightlies download page, not every revision is released to work as stable.

He has been working on a gdbm database backend, which is a huge modification to the program. This is why he hasn’t released any new revisions and probably won’t for a while.

Long story short, the revision number increases when he checks in code changes to the subversion server. I guess the next release will be 1708 or up.

squashuax
    Participant

I’m still a bit mystified. The web interface says I am running “svn-1696.” Is it 1696-1706, or is 1706 only on Ron’s test machine, and not published to the nightlies yet? What does he mean by “checkins?”

Or are you saying that Ron tinkers, creating different serial versions, but only publishing to the nightlies when he feels the version, although still development code, is stable “enough?” That would explain a jump from svn-1696 to something like svn-1708, with nothing in between.

Is that the idea? Or is there a “subversion server” somewhere?

I guess what I’m really wondering is whether or not there is a version available that might help with the scan challenge. I’m not sure the answer is, “not yet, but Ron’s working on it,” or “yes, it’s svn-1696-X” or something.

Thanks in advance for dumbing things down for me.

EVILRipper
    Participant

Heh. Ye I had trouble making it all clear.
    Currently, the 1706 is only on Ron’s test machine. Quite possibly also on the “subversion server”. I’m not sure if this server is accessible by other people than ron, but it’s probably not useful anyway.
    And indeed, the version is released when it’s stable “enough”. They are still “nightly” aka unstable.

So long story short, the newest version is the 1696 so far. The easiest way to find out about newer versions, is to check the RSS feed, as this is where new “stable enough” nightly releases will be posted.

Hope this clears thing up for you.

rpedde
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

Heh. Ye I had trouble making it all clear.
    Currently, the 1706 is only on Ron’s test machine. Quite possibly also on the “subversion server”. I’m not sure if this server is accessible by other people than ron, but it’s probably not useful anyway.

It’s on sf (right now, I’m going to move it over to my server at some point). You can get to it here:

https://mt-daapd.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mt-daapd, although I find the default svn browser to be ick, so I mirror it on trac, here:

http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/browser

Another good view is the “timeline” view:

http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/timeline

where you can see what I’m doing. I haven’t been sleeping, and if you look at some of those commits, they are pretty substantial. I think I’ve got around 3500 lines of new code (eek!) already, and probably will have 4.5-5k by the time the new db is on par with the old db.

And indeed, the version is released when it’s stable “enough”. They are still “nightly” aka unstable.

It’s the “here, try this” method of qa.

So long story short, the newest version is the 1696 so far. The easiest way to find out about newer versions, is to check the RSS feed, as this is where new “stable enough” nightly releases will be posted.

Hope this clears thing up for you.

There is also an rss feed on the “timeline” page that might be of interest, too.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.