Web-based DAAP client

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    CCRDude
    Participant

I meanwhile had JRE 1.5 instealled, but thanks a lot for making it 1.3 compatible – will surely help once I try on the Linux (Ubuntu) machines.

And the valid HTML applet sample is great as well.

And I even found the Album/Artist overview that I was first missing (probably thanks to small window).

rpedde
    Participant

It’s built into nightlies. Just install nightlies, and browse to the config page. On the left is an “experimental” box, and inside is the link to the java browser

— Ron

morglum

Really nice idea!

When I try this i get a big gray box and I can see the following at the bottom of IE window:
    load class org.petzall.applet.DAAPApplet not found

I tried this at home and at work. I’m not sure about work , but I know I have some version of JRE installed. Should I go for 1.5 ?

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@morglum wrote:

Really nice idea!

When I try this i get a big gray box and I can see the following at the bottom of IE window:
    load class org.petzall.applet.DAAPApplet not found

I tried this at home and at work. I’m not sure about work , but I know I have some version of JRE installed. Should I go for 1.5 ?

Thanks

Do you have the Sun JRE? Because I think I’m running 1.4.2 and it seems to work. Can you tell what version of the jre you have?

blamm
    Participant

Hi.

Is this DAAP client still available? I am becoming increasingly fedup with iTunes..

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Hi.

Is this DAAP client still available? I am becoming increasingly fedup with iTunes..

Yup, it’s at http://server:port/applet.html

— Ron

blamm
    Participant

Thanks.

I am a little confused as to how the server works. Why are iTunes and my Roku 1001 able to play FLACs served from Firefly but this client and “Get it together” cant?

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Thanks.

I am a little confused as to how the server works. Why are iTunes and my Roku 1001 able to play FLACs served from Firefly but this client and “Get it together” cant?

Probably because neither of them play .wav files, which is what it transcodes flac files to.

Will they play aiff files?

— Ron

blamm
    Participant

Unfortunatley not natively. Get It Together claims to be able to use Quicktime or an external player but that is all a bit too complex for me.

Back to Foobar2000 I think and leave Firefly to my Roku.

Now if Foobar2000 could see DAAP that would be extremely cool….

morglum

The applet is not working on some of my computers (IE 6.0)

Any idea why that is so?

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.