Web Administration Interface

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tugman
    Participant

I have just downloaded Firefly to svn 1586. The previous version of Firefly that I was running did not require a uswename or password. When I now try to log into the server localhost at webserver I get a dialogue box stating the following:

“The server localhost at webserver requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).”

Any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

fizze
    Participant

Check out the configuration file.
    The default username is mt-daapd, and so is the password.
    It is strongly suggested that you change them in the configuration file.

Tugman
    Participant

Thanks. AndyG is also trying to help me. I will give this a whirl and try to get Firefly to see my iTunes playlists!

Best regards.

Tugman
    Participant

Fizz,

I tried entering the password information that you provided however this did not work. After three attempts of entering mt-daapd as the UN and PW I get an unauthorized message.

Is there a work around for this? You mention the “Configuration File” which AndyG has also mentioned. Could you let me know you access the Configuration File and how I can change the UN and PW so that I can access the Web Interface?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

EVILRipper
    Participant

AFAIK the webinterface has no username, only a password.
    When logging in to fireplay (which has the same password) I only enter the password and I get access.
    The standard password is usually ‘mt-daapd’ or ‘firefly’. But as you already have tried, you should look in your config file.
    The config file is probably located at /etc/mt-daapd.conf

Hope this helps. 🙂

Tugman
    Participant

Thanks to you all.

I did access the Config File and found out that the PW is “firefly” which works fine.

Again, thanks to you all.

Best regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.