Web admin doesn’t allow changes

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Web admin doesn’t allow changes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

When I go to the web admin page, nothing looks greyed out, but none of the input boxes will allow changes. The cursor will insert, but not flash in the box. I can click submit, and it says configuration updated, but obviously nothing was, since the input boxes are locked.

I have already

# chmod 644 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
    # /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd restart

But the input boxes are still locked. I also looked around in the Wiki, but didn’t find any additional info on this. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

EVILRipper
    Participant

Have you checked user permissions on the config file?
    It needs write access for the user that runs firefly.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    # chmod 644 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

This set the permissions on the config file to read write user (no execute) and read only groups and others, or do I not understand correctly? This is what I saw in the NSLU2 section of the wiki when the web admin fields were “greyed out”. I couldn’t tell mine were greyed out, but they could be, and they are definitely not editable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The instructions here
    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation
    seem to be wrong. I followed the directions here,
    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Mt-daapd
    which seem to contradict giving the user higher rights. But it does work.

# chmod 447 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
    # /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd

The only difference is now you have to sign into the web admin page with username root (as opposed to blank) and password whatever you specify in the config file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.