vorbis-tools 1.0.1 and tremor too slow on NSLU2?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues vorbis-tools 1.0.1 and tremor too slow on NSLU2?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    peller

I did an ipkg update to vorbis-tools 1.0.1-1 (what’s on nslu2-linux.org) and my oggdec became much too slow to keep up with realtime. I’m not sure if it’s got something to do with how tremor configures itself (tried reinstalling libvorbisidec) or if there’s a versioning problem here. Perhaps this is just a packaing/configuration problem or an API change, or did something really slow down in the new release?

rpedde
    Participant

The vorbistools package on unslung isn’t mine, and it’s compiled against the floating point decoder. The vorbis-tools I have posted on my site is hacked up to use tremor.

I’m not sure how to push that into unslung, though, since there is no “official” tremor release. What I’ve got is a snapshot of cvs. I’ll have to find someplace I can permanently host that to push it into unslung.

I guess I can probably host it here. I’ll talk to rwhitby and see how he wants to handle it.

rpedde
    Participant

Err.. and I’ll post back here when I have more info. I plan to get my nslu2 toolchain straightened out and everything I have pushed up this weekend.

— Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.