Vorbis 20011231 (1.0 rc3) encoded files crash Firefly-win32

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Vorbis 20011231 (1.0 rc3) encoded files crash Firefly-win32

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    djharvey
    Participant

I’m a bit new to firefly and not sure what direction to head in figuring this out, so forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I have over a thousand ogg-vorbis files which are encoded with the 20011231 (1.0 rc3). Anytime any one of these files is transcoded by the Win32 build of Firefly (using the svn-1301 build), the Firefly service promptly crashes with an error in avcodec.dll. As a note of interest, all of the files encoded with that vorbis build have their upper and lower bitrates “not set,” at least according to any vorbis info viewer (i.e., in Winamp). Is there something I’m overlooking? Is this just a bug of some sort? Is there anything I can do, short of reencoding all 1000+ files (which, I’m sure you can imagine, I’d rather not do 😀 )? Thanks in advance!

rpedde
    Participant

@djharvey wrote:

I’m a bit new to firefly and not sure what direction to head in figuring this out, so forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I have over a thousand ogg-vorbis files which are encoded with the 20011231 (1.0 rc3). Anytime any one of these files is transcoded by the Win32 build of Firefly (using the svn-1301 build), the Firefly service promptly crashes with an error in avcodec.dll. As a note of interest, all of the files encoded with that vorbis build have their upper and lower bitrates “not set,” at least according to any vorbis info viewer (i.e., in Winamp). Is there something I’m overlooking? Is this just a bug of some sort? Is there anything I can do, short of reencoding all 1000+ files (which, I’m sure you can imagine, I’d rather not do 😀 )? Thanks in advance!

can you email me on at ron at pedde.com?

djharvey
    Participant

I have sent a sample file, as requested.

djharvey
    Participant

Just FYI, I tried the latest win32 nightly build today (1311), and it’s still having issues.

rpedde
    Participant

@djharvey wrote:

Just FYI, I tried the latest win32 nightly build today (1311), and it’s still having issues.

I’ve tested it on mac and linux and the sample you sent me works, I’m going to test it on win32 tonight.

– Ron

djharvey
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@djharvey wrote:

I’ve tested it on mac and linux and the sample you sent me works, I’m going to test it on win32 tonight.

– Ron

Just wondering, how’d that turn out? Also, just as an update, and not sure if you’d put a fix for it in there, but I just tested it with 1313, and it still crashes.

rpedde
    Participant

@djharvey wrote:

Just wondering, how’d that turn out? Also, just as an update, and not sure if you’d put a fix for it in there, but I just tested it with 1313, and it still crashes.

Sure enough, doesn’t work. It crashes inside ffmpeg, though, so it’s going to be difficult to track down. I’ll try and get a newer snapshot and build new ffmpeg dlls and see what that does. We’ll see, though… last time I tried, their cvs was down (and was down for several weeks). Guess it’s time to see if they are back up. The snap I was using was a Marchish snapshot, I think.

djharvey
    Participant

OK, so I can connect to Firefly now from iTunes to test (Yay!); but, alas, tests show it’s still crashing with those OGGs.

rpedde
    Participant

@djharvey wrote:

OK, so I can connect to Firefly now from iTunes to test (Yay!); but, alas, tests show it’s still crashing with those OGGs.

Yeah, I’m waiting for ffmpeg svn to clean up… right now, ffmpeg svn snaps won’t build on win32. There is work in progress to make it build right on win32, and once I get a compilable snapshot, I’ll see if that works.

— Ron

djharvey
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’d heard anything more on this, so I figured I’d ask again. How’re the ffmpeg fixes coming? I noticed that it looks like there’s been a bit of progress on the official ffmpeg site…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.