Volume tags and wav files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zemanel

Most formats’ metadata contains the replay volume information for that particular file/song. As far as I’m aware, that is not the case for wav files, which have no metadata attached – other than what is stored in the XML file by iTunes upon ripping from the CD.

I readjusted the replay volume for all my files (only the realtive values in iTunes, no changes to the wav files themselves). Does mt-daapd read this info from the XML file and convey it to the Soundbridge?
    The reason I’m asking this is that there seems to be some discrepancy between the replay volume of some songs served by mt-daapd that is not apparent when playing them directly from iTunes.

cheers

btw Ron, about the special/foreign characters issue I’ve sorted the problem by writing a small script. Everytime I add files to my library and the XML is changed, simply run the script which reads the file, replaces all the UTF stuff with Unicode and places the corrected copy in the mt-daapd folder in the Unix box. This completely solved the problem for me, so everything is working great now.

rpedde
    Participant

@zemanel wrote:

I readjusted the replay volume for all my files (only the realtive values in iTunes, no changes to the wav files themselves). Does mt-daapd read this info from the XML file and convey it to the Soundbridge?

Nope, but I’ve already got a ticket open on replaygain. I found the conversion from replaygain to apple’s soundcheck. I just have to start reading it.

btw Ron, about the special/foreign characters issue I’ve sorted the problem by writing a small script.

cool… once I get the transcoding stuff done, I’ll probably tackle that.

— Ron

zemanel

Hi,
    My current mt-daapd setup has been working brilliantly for for a few months now, so it’s been a long time since I last updated it.

The only reason that I can see for doing so would be the ability for it to tell the Roku the volume level at which WAV files should be replayed.

I’m referring to the number that iTunes ‘SoundCheck’ computes and stores in the XML, not sound equalization, or range compression. Just the overall volume shwitch that should be applied to each song.

Has that feature been (silently) added to any of the recent nightlies?

cheers

rpedde
    Participant

@zemanel wrote:

Hi,
    My current mt-daapd setup has been working brilliantly for for a few months now, so it’s been a long time since I last updated it.

The only reason that I can see for doing so would be the ability for it to tell the Roku the volume level at which WAV files should be replayed.

I’m referring to the number that iTunes ‘SoundCheck’ computes and stores in the XML, not sound equalization, or range compression. Just the overall volume shwitch that should be applied to each song.

Has that feature been (silently) added to any of the recent nightlies?

cheers

Nope, but it’s on the list for right after the great database rewrite (take 3).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.