Vista/DIR-655 Setup issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mschwerdtfeger

Ok, I’m frustrated now.

For years, I had my Soundbridge running flawlessly using an XP OS, Linksys router, iTunes (most of my music is in .m4a format as it was ripped using iTunes) and Firefly. But, unfortunately, the computer and router got a wee bit old, so it was time to upgrade.

So, I recently bought a new computer (running Vista) and router (DIR-655). Now, I can’t get most of my music to play over the Soundbridge. I say most because I have a handful of music files (either podcasts or .mp3 files bought from Amazon) that do show up on the Soundbridge. Coincidentally, these same files show up in Windows Media Center when I turn it on.

What the heck is going on?

I’ve upgraded the Soundbridge to 3.0.52. I’ve upgraded the DIR-655 to 1.21. I’ve installed Firefly on the new computer and made sure it scanned and found the music files. I’ve also set up iTunes so that it shares music across the network.

When I turn on the soundbridge, it says that it is connecting to my new computer. However, where it used to say “connect to Firefly music server” or something like that – nothing. Now it just says “connecting to Michael-PC: Michael:” (Michael-PC is name of computer, Michael is name of user?)

Anyway, I have no idea how to make the Soundbridge work. While I saw that there were some problems with the DIR-655 and Firefly, I can’t even get the Roku to find iTunes.

Is this a router problem? Or, is Windows Media Center somehow pushing out the other servers (iTunes or Firefly)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Michael

stretch
    Participant

You’ve changed a lot of stuff in your set-up. Try using you’re old router to eliminate one variable.
    Once you get everything working with the Vista PC & old router you can then switch back to the DIR-655 and try to sort out it’s problems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.