Various problems using NSLU2 and Amarok

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Various problems using NSLU2 and Amarok

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    MrE
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Ron.

I am pretty sure now there’s an issue with Amarok. The issue with 29 albums showing up with the wrong titles even though their tags are correct, disappeared after doing a full rescan of the collection.

However, after editing some newly added tracks to the collection, several of those tracks appeared under both the wrong album title and the wrong Artist, despite their tags still being correct.

I will try to delete and recreate a brand new MySQL database for my Amarok collection to see if that solves the problem, or failing that, go back to sqlite.

I haven’t had a chance yet to try Banshee or Rhythmbox as I’ve been busy trying to get CUPS to work on the Slug (eventually succeeded!)

I’ll report back here with my findings.

Cheers

MrE
    Participant

OK, I have just created a brand new MySQL database for Amarok and populated it with a dozen tracks or so – nothing to cause Amarok to trip.

Unfortunately the symptoms are still the same as reported before. Next thing I’ll try is to completely uninstall, then reinstall Amarok. Sometime later this week I’ll rebuild my laptop too to try it with Amarok there.

I did have a go at installing both Banshee and Rhythmbox but I quickly aborted the installation process when I saw that Banshee wanted to download and install 101 packages, adding a total of 230 MB and Rhythmbox wanted to install 85 package, adding 224 MB. It’s all Gnome dependencies (I run Kubuntu, so KDE) but install over 200 MB for just a media player is a bit much and the problem is that some of them are meta packages so uninstalling everything is gonna be a pain,

I’ll try Rhythmbox or Banshee from a Ubuntu live CD instead some time this week and I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers

MrE
    Participant

Ok the situation has changed a little…

I have replaced the Unslung firmware with Debian Etch for ARM, but the stock mt-daapd in the repo is 0.2.4.

I had a look at the nightlies page but I can only find a Sarge ARM build there. Can I use this on Etch?

rpedde
    Participant

@MrE wrote:

Ok the situation has changed a little…

I have replaced the Unslung firmware with Debian Etch for ARM, but the stock mt-daapd in the repo is 0.2.4.

I had a look at the nightlies page but I can only find a Sarge ARM build there. Can I use this on Etch?

The one in the repo is 1374, which is actually fairly new. What’s your endianness? I have a spare slug with which to start building etch packages, it was on my plan to start those a couple weeks ago, just haven’t gotten there yet.

I’ll go ahead and set it up tonight and then next nightlies I’ll have current arm packages for etch.

— Ron

MrE
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

The one in the repo is 1374, which is actually fairly new.

Maybe I’m a bit confused about the version numbering? The nightlies are 0.9 build xxxx, whereas the repo one shows as 0.2.4 build 1376?

What’s your endianness?

Ah yes, I should have mentioned it is the official Debian/NSLU2 Etch I’ve got installed, so that would be little endian.

Looking forward to the Etch build!

Cheers

rpedde
    Participant

@MrE wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

The one in the repo is 1374, which is actually fairly new.

Maybe I’m a bit confused about the version numbering? The nightlies are 0.9 build xxxx, whereas the repo one shows as 0.2.4 build 1376?

The debian maintainer called it that (I’m sure) so that if I named the next version 0.2.4 it would still be larger, and that way would upgrade.

If he called it 1.0-pre1376 or something, and I decided to call it 0.3.0, then it wouldn’t upgrade, and the version magic of apt would be broken.

I, on the other hand, *know* that the next stable will be called 1.0, so I can build packages on my own called 0.9. Plus, that has the advantages that someone can upgrade over the debian package.

What’s your endianness?

Ah yes, I should have mentioned it is the official Debian/NSLU2 Etch I’ve got installed, so that would be little endian.

Looking forward to the Etch build!

Cheers

I did get my nslu2 slug installed last night, which will be my new server, and I’ll be taking hte old nslu2 out to de-underclock and install etch on tonight, probably.

— Ron

MrE
    Participant

Hi Ron,

I was just wondering whether you’ve gotten round to creating an Etch build yet. I’m currently working on my laptop in another room and had to switch on my main PC in order to stream music via Firefly to my laptop.
    This is where the slug would have come in handy instead!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining πŸ™‚ at least thanks to Firefly I could listen to my music on my laptop.

Cheers
    Emile

rpedde
    Participant

@MrE wrote:

Hi Ron,

I was just wondering whether you’ve gotten round to creating an Etch build yet. I’m currently working on my laptop in another room and had to switch on my main PC in order to stream music via Firefly to my laptop.
    This is where the slug would have come in handy instead!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining πŸ™‚ at least thanks to Firefly I could listen to my music on my laptop.

Cheers
    Emile

err… no, not yet. I’ll re-prioritize my action items, though. πŸ™‚

– Ron

MrE
    Participant

πŸ˜€

No worries, I’m already quite amazed at how you manage to and develop so rapidly and answer all these forum posts!

cheers

MrE
    Participant

Oh, and while you’re at it, how about a nightly for Feisty? πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.