Use Apache instead of build-in web server? (debian)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Use Apache instead of build-in web server? (debian)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    v2k

Hello,
    I would like some help to turn of the build-in web server to firefly and make the web interface run at my Apache installation so I don’t need 2 web servers running and because my Apache server is configure to be really secure and I fell unsafe with another webserver running. ;p

Thanks for a great application and for the coming help. ^^

rpedde
    Participant

@v2k wrote:

Hello,
    I would like some help to turn of the build-in web server to firefly and make the web interface run at my Apache installation so I don’t need 2 web servers running and because my Apache server is configure to be really secure and I fell unsafe with another webserver running. ;p

Thanks for a great application and for the coming help. ^^

Can’t really do that. DAAP requires web.. that’s how iTunes fetches song lists and all that. I guess you could write a mod_daap or something for apache, but you’d be in the same security hole.

You could proxy from apache to the daap server with something like mod_security or something, though. That might give you some of the protection you’d like. That and/or limit access with iptables.

— Ron

mas
    Participant

Well, a mod_daap for apache or even better (as apache is too fat for slugs) on lighthttpd would impreove security, because both have a fully working security and access model that is finegrained and also things like SSL and such….

But its likely a lot of coding work I guess. 8-;

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.