Unable to start Firefly on Server 2003, receiving error 1053

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Unable to start Firefly on Server 2003, receiving error 1053

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pepe
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3 and Firefly Media Server (svn-1549) on an PC with Windows Server 2003 SBS (eg. Windows Home Server). The Bonjour service starts as it should but not Firefly Media Server service. If I try to start it manually the following message appears:

“Could not start the Firefly Media Server service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start och control request in a timely fashion.”

If I try to start the server from the icon in the tray it just says “Failed to start Firefly Media Server”, and there is no log to access…

So what shall I do?

rpedde
    Participant

@pepe wrote:

Hi,

I have installed Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3 and Firefly Media Server (svn-1549) on an PC with Windows Server 2003 SBS (eg. Windows Home Server). The Bonjour service starts as it should but not Firefly Media Server service. If I try to start it manually the following message appears:

“Could not start the Firefly Media Server service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start och control request in a timely fashion.”

If I try to start the server from the icon in the tray it just says “Failed to start Firefly Media Server”, and there is no log to access…

So what shall I do?

Check your event log. The failure cause should show up there.

What is the server really? Is it server 2003, 2003 SBS, or Windows Home Server?

pepe
    Participant

It is Windows Home Server, and as it is built upon SBS I thought it would be worth mentioning it.

Do you mean firefly.log or the system log in Event Viewer? There is no firefly.log to view and the system log just throws out two errors.

First an event 7009: “Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Firefly Media Server service to connect.”

And then an event 7000: “The Firefly Media Server service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”

And the errors appears as soon as I try to start the firefly server. No 30000 milliseconds waiting…
    I have read about other people that have had success in running Firefly on WHS and thought I would give it a try.

pepe
    Participant

Solved!

Msvcr71.dll was missing, i realized that when I tried to run Firefly in debug mode.

rpedde
    Participant

@pepe wrote:

Solved!

Msvcr71.dll was missing, i realized that when I tried to run Firefly in debug mode.

Oooooh! For one of the dll’s I bet. Ugh. Guess I’ll have to bundle the 2003 redistributables as well as the 2005. Yuck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.