Unable to see music on the hdd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It must be me being somewhat dim here, but how/where do you put the music files on the disk? My setup is using port 2 and the hdd has an admin folder (private) and disk2 which shows as public. Ok so far! The directory structure detailed in the config file has been set up /share/hdd/data/public/mp3 in the slug, but what is the structure on the hdd itself, and do I set this up in windows, or how?

Mike 😥

cromei
    Participant

The directory structure detailed in the config file has been set up /share/hdd/data/public/mp3 in the slug, but what is the structure on the hdd itself

Assuming you have setup your network drive (Ex Y: ) for your slug in windows to
    \NASdisk 1

all you need to do is create a dir on the network drive root directory so that all your music files would be in
    Y:mp3

if you are using disk 2 on your slug you need to change your config to
    /share/flash/data/public/mp3

Craig

fizze
    Participant

You can also just use the web interface of the slug. It let’s you see (and download) files, and setup shares.

If you use your explorer to browse to \192.168.1.77 (or whatever IP address you have assigned to your slug) you should be able to see all the shares. Some will ask you for a password though. Just use username “admin” and the admin password from the webinterface.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your help Guys, pretty damn obvious really, I was working in the HDD area and not FLASH – DOH! 😯

This also ‘cured’ my permissioning problem, mentioned in another posting, on the data directory – I was using the wrong one……

Soundbridge sees the music now, all I have left to do is configure things for FLAC – I may be back 😉

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to be a bit thick but, if i put a folder on the slug’s HDD called ‘mp3’

i.e. NETWORK/SLUG/DISK1/MP3

and put all my songs in there, what do I have to put in the music folder section of the FIREFLY config page for my soundbridge to ‘see’ these songs?????

/share/hdd/data/public/mp3 doesn’t appear to work

/share/hdd/data/mp3 comes up

Error: 500general:mp3_dir

and won’t let me save.

I don’t know how to map a drive letter to the hdd on the slug – can’t see the point – is this where I’m going wrong?

All hints advice suggestions gratefully received.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorted it out now – as soon as I logged out of the config web gui the soundbridge saw the songs.

/share/hdd/data/public/mp3

points to the mp3 folder I put straight on the hdd.

I am one very happy slug owner now! 😈

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.