Unable to edit ID3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    henrik

I am running mt-daapd on my Linksys NSLU2, great stuff.

I just cannot figure out how to edit ID3 tags from iTunes. I can stream songs and browse artists, but when i ‘show info’ on a song, all ID3 info (artist, song, etc.) is greyed out.

I have set mt-daapd to runas ‘myuser’, and all my mp3’s are owned by ‘myuser’. I can verify with ps that mt-daapd actually is running as myuser.

Is there an option I have forgot to check?

rpedde
    Participant

@henrik wrote:

I am running mt-daapd on my Linksys NSLU2, great stuff.

I just cannot figure out how to edit ID3 tags from iTunes. I can stream songs and browse artists, but when i ‘show info’ on a song, all ID3 info (artist, song, etc.) is greyed out.

I have set mt-daapd to runas ‘myuser’, and all my mp3’s are owned by ‘myuser’. I can verify with ps that mt-daapd actually is running as myuser.

Is there an option I have forgot to check?

Nope, iTunes won’t do remote tag editing. Even if it’s iTunes to iTunes.

barnseyboy
    Participant

http://www.mp3tag.de is a pretty nice bulk id3 tag editing application for windows, obviously requires you to make a public share mapping onto your slug music folder.

or im also using the id3 app on the debianslug nslu2 to do tagging

my only issue is im not convinced that the mt-daapd database is picking up new tags in mp3s. not sure if you need to force some kind of rescan, or its supposed to just ‘know’ next time its started! .. i presume the solution isnt to rm the songs.db file anymore, as isnt it holding things like playlist data as well as the songs themselves??

M@rk
    Participant

I use Mp3Tag too – a great and very versatile tagging tool (especially for bulk editing)

You do need to do a mt-daapd/Firefly rescan once you’ve updated tags (not a full scan though).

barnseyboy
    Participant

whats the command to start the rescan? -force-reload?

M@rk
    Participant

Not sure – I just click the ‘Start Scan’ button in Firefly after I’ve updated my tags.

rpedde
    Participant

@barnseyboy wrote:

whats the command to start the rescan? -force-reload?

either -r on startup, or use the web admin to do a rescan (which will pick up changed tags based on timestamp) or full-reload which will do the equivalent of deleting the songs.gdb (dropping the table and recreating it).

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.