Ubuntu Nightlies upgrade issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SonicGT
    Participant

I had firefly running fine on my Ubuntu feisty machine, went to upgrade it and now it won’t work
    I used the dpkg -i latestnightly.deb
    and it says its installed, but it really doesn’t appear to be running (doesn’t show up in itunes or can’t get to web console.)

when I try
    sudo /etc/init.d/mt-daap restart
    I get this
    client.c:776: avahi_client_errno: Assertion ‘client failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)

I’m not a linux guru more of an intermediate or beginner so any help would be appreciated.
    I’m running Feisty but only accessing via ssh, so using command line only thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@SonicGT wrote:

I had firefly running fine on my Ubuntu feisty machine, went to upgrade it and now it won’t work
    and it says its installed, but it really doesn’t appear to be running (doesn’t show up in itunes or can’t get to web console.)

when I try
    I get this
    Aborted (core dumped)

I’m not a linux guru more of an intermediate or beginner so any help would be appreciated.
    I’m running Feisty but only accessing via ssh, so using command line only thanks.

avahi-daemon isn’t running.

Make sure your /etc/default/avahi (or avahi-daemon, can’t remember) has been changed to auto-start at boot, then do “/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon start”.

— Ron

SonicGT
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@SonicGT wrote:

when I try
    I get this
    Aborted (core dumped)

avahi-daemon isn’t running.

Make sure your /etc/default/avahi (or avahi-daemon, can’t remember) has been changed to auto-start at boot, then do “/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon start”.

— Ron

Thanks
    Got that started and now it doesn’t give me any errors, but still doesn’t show up in itunes or no web console. I reverted back to 1586 from the new 1671 and it then works again, so at least I’m up and running.
    When I install 1671 now with avahi running it does show up is the processes so it is running?? Any suggestions now that I got my avahi issue fixed?

rpedde
    Participant

@SonicGT wrote:

Got that started and now it doesn’t give me any errors, but still doesn’t show up in itunes or no web console. I reverted back to 1586 from the new 1671 and it then works again, so at least I’m up and running.
    When I install 1671 now with avahi running it does show up is the processes so it is running?? Any suggestions now that I got my avahi issue fixed?

I’m not sure what this means. Are you saying it works with 1671, or not?

If not, does it show up in process list? Do you get anything in the syslog?

SonicGT
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@SonicGT wrote:

with build 1586 all works fine, but when I install build 1671 it doesn’t work, but does show up in the process list.

rpedde
    Participant

@SonicGT wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@SonicGT wrote:

with build 1586 all works fine, but when I install build 1671 it doesn’t work, but does show up in the process list.

Did you change your plugin_dir?

Plugins are now in /$prefix/lib/mt-daapd. It won’t load the old plugins, and consequently won’t advertise any services.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.