Ubuntu, Firefly and a typical NAS : How to needed

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Ubuntu, Firefly and a typical NAS : How to needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First, the basics:
    * mt-daapd/Firefly Version: Version svn-1696
    * Server Operating System: Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty (Linux)
    * Server Hardware: Toshiba A60 Laptop, Intel Celeron 2.66GHz, 1.2GB RAM, ADS NAS Kit
    * Client Device:Roku Soundbridge M1001
    * Connection of clients: wireless access point

I have a NAS which I can easily mount and using Nautilus I can easily traverse the subdirectories and files on my NAS. I mounted the drive using gvfs and I made a link to the mount in my Music directory: /home/russell/music/shared

Rythmbox works fine now. I can scan and import all of my tunes. All are mp3 except for a few random WAV files and none have DRM.

But, when I try and enter any path to the NAS in the Firefly config file (yes, I can open it using FireFox) I get the error:
    Error: 500general:mp3_dir
    I even tried putting in the path directly to the mount point:
    ~/.gvfs/Music
    I made sure I was case correct in the spelling.

And, after trying to enter a path and failing, even though the Server Status still reports “running”, I no longer see the server on the Roku. It was there when I first installed FireFly. Now it’s gone. I rebooted a few times. Nada.

Help?

EVILRipper
    Participant

First thing you should do when you can’t find anything: check the log file.
    Usually found at /var/log/mt-daapd.log. Also, when the log file doesnt specify enough details, in the conf file — /etc/mt-daapd.conf — you can specify the debuglevel up to level 9 to get more details.
    When this doesnt help you out, try posting a bunch of the final lines of the log file here, so we can have a look.

Also: if it gives an error on the homedir, you could try /home/user/.gvfs/Music instead of ~/.gvfs/Music. If not, it was worth a try. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Didn’t work. And, it’s not writing the log, either.

Going on a long weekend tomorrow. Maybe a clear head next week will help. :-/

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.