two different streams?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

mt-daapd works very fine here. but now, i set up a VPN to listen to my musik when im not at home too. and now my problem is, that the upstream of my internet-connection ist only about 128k and my musik is convertet to min. 512kb/s mp3. Is there a possibility to have two different streams? one with high quality, and an other one, wich converts the musik (to 128kb/s mp3s) exactely when i want to play it??

Hannes

sorry for my bad english…

rpedde
    Participant

@pfannkuchen wrote:

Hey,

mt-daapd works very fine here. but now, i set up a VPN to listen to my musik when im not at home too. and now my problem is, that the upstream of my internet-connection ist only about 128k and my musik is convertet to min. 512kb/s mp3. Is there a possibility to have two different streams? one with high quality, and an other one, wich converts the musik (to 128kb/s mp3s) exactely when i want to play it??

Hannes

sorry for my bad english…

Not right now, but it’s an often-requested feature, so it will probably be implemented at some point.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds good!

is there a mailing list where i can get development news?

Hannes

rpedde
    Participant

@pfannkuchen wrote:

Sounds good!

is there a mailing list where i can get development news?

Hannes

at some point, I’ll have an rss feed back at http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org. that’s probably the best bet.

— Ron

wwarren
    Participant

I’ve been keeping two separate libraries of music for awhile now. I rip CDs twice, once to Apple Lossless, and a second time to a lower bitrate mp3 averaging around 140kbps. I stream the lossless in-house, and use the low bitrate copies for syncing to an ipod and remote streaming. For purchased downloads, I keep the original for in-house streaming, and also re-encode it to the lower bitrate.

mas
    Participant

One could likely automate that with a perl script. Though it should be quite slow on a NSLU. I have something in mind like a directory structure of

/musik/lossless –> used by mt-daapd1
    /musik/mp3 –> used by mt-daapd2

Then one would only have to add the flacs/alacs and after a while the mp3s pop up automatically on the other mt-daapd instance. 😎

After all there is a high quality encoder with lame, that is open source. I tried it out once. Worked on the NSLU, but was hell slow of course. LOL* Really slow. You can count it in hours.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.