Trouble with latest nightly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyCanuck
    Participant

Hi,

New to FF (like maybe a few days) but had it installed and running perfectly with 1673. The configuration is a Soundbridge connected to a NSLU2 with an attached drive.

Getting brave, I tried to install 1676 and simply cannot get it to work. My SB detects it but cannot load songs and then stops being able to connect at all. I tried reinstall using the default config (and then editing) and still won’t work.

For now, I just want to roll back to 1673, but I can’t seem to get it to work. When I try -force-reinstall or -force-downgrade it won’t take it (says something about not being able to find package or gives me a message that it’s up to date and nothing to be done).

My unix knowledge is limited. If someone can help me with how I get it to downgrade … I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks

JohnnyCanuck
    Participant

Well … I seem to have solved my problem.

I had changed the parameters config to sqlite3 … guess something in my system didn’t like it. Switched back to sqlite … rebooted the Slug, reset the Soundbridge to factory defaults … suddenly everything works.

fizze
    Participant

Yep, sqlite3 support is still in the works.
    Everything’s peachy with sqlite, though 🙂

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Yep, sqlite3 support is still in the works.
    Everything’s peachy with sqlite, though 🙂

sqlite3 should be working okay now. I’d be interested to see -d9s of the sqlite3 failure.

– Ron

JohnnyCanuck
    Participant

Sorry Ron, relative FF newbie. Is you reference to d9s a log you would like me to post up?

rpedde
    Participant

@JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Sorry Ron, relative FF newbie. Is you reference to d9s a log you would like me to post up?

Ya, in the advanced config, you can set the log level (to 9) and specify a log file. If you do that and wait for it to die, then the tail end of the log file should have debugging info that would be helpful.

Last 20 or so lines would be helpful if you had the time and inclination.

— Ron

JohnnyCanuck
    Participant

Inclination …. sure. Time … not for a day or two but I will try and look at it soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Version svn-1695

Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[524]: Firefly Version svn-1695: Starting with debuglevel 9
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[524]: Plugin loaded: ssc-script/svn-1695
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[524]: Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1695
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[524]: Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1695
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[524]: Starting rendezvous daemon
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[524]: Starting signal handler
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[526]: db_sqlite3_open: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file (/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs3.db)
    Oct 26 15:05:24 winston mt-daapd[526]: Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file

EDIT:
    Sorry – forgot to make the DB dir readable by the runas user.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.