Transcoding to mp3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kidA
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’ve noticed that in the advanced configuartion in the firefly server config page (index.html) there is a section called ‘Transcoding’. Is there and docs on how to set this so mp3’s are the only type streamed even though the file types may be m4a’s or others etc So basically i want all audio to stream in mp3 despite the format.

Any examples here would help.

Thanks,
    kidA

rpedde
    Participant

@kidA wrote:

Hi there,
    I’ve noticed that in the advanced configuartion in the firefly server config page (index.html) there is a section called ‘Transcoding’. Is there and docs on how to set this so mp3’s are the only type streamed even though the file types may be m4a’s or others etc So basically i want all audio to stream in mp3 despite the format.

Any examples here would help.

Thanks,
    kidA

Sorry. Right now, it doesn’t transcode to mp3, just to .wav. I hope to have transcoding to mp3 as well at some point, but it doesn’t currently.

— Ron

kidA
    Participant

Am I able to add a 3rd party transcoder using the ‘Transcoding’ section of the firefly web admin config. Its under the ‘advanced’ section.

Thanks,
    kidA

fizze
    Participant

Someone on this board left a patch to transcode to mp3 here, quite some time ago, IIRC.

kidA
    Participant

Thats great…any clues on how to find it?

Many thanks,
    kidA.

rpedde
    Participant

@kidA wrote:

Thats great…any clues on how to find it?

Many thanks,
    kidA.

It hasn’t worked on nightlies for some time — not since transcoding moved to modules.

kidA
    Participant

Hey All,
    Sorry to keep pressing on this issue, but I can’t help noticed the ‘Transcoding’ section under the advanced tab of my firefly admin home page. Is there anything I can do there to transcode? Is there any docs or examples on what entries one could make here,not just for mp3….but for type of transcoding?

Thanks,
    kidA

rpedde
    Participant

@kidA wrote:

Hey All,
    Sorry to keep pressing on this issue, but I can’t help noticed the ‘Transcoding’ section under the advanced tab of my firefly admin home page. Is there anything I can do there to transcode? Is there any docs or examples on what entries one could make here,not just for mp3….but for type of transcoding?

Thanks,
    kidA

Right now, it only transcodes to wav. At some point, it will probably have the option to transcode to mp3 instead. Not sure when then will be now, though.

Unless you want to transcode to wav, then it doesn’t do what you want.

OCedHrt
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@kidA wrote:

Hey All,

Thanks,
    kidA

Right now, it only transcodes to wav. At some point, it will probably have the option to transcode to mp3 instead. Not sure when then will be now, though.

Unless you want to transcode to wav, then it doesn’t do what you want.

Any more information on this? Is this a reason why it is restricted to wav? It seems that as long as something can decode and re-encode the file to stdout it should be ok?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.