Transcoding over RSP ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Martin

Hi Ron,

I am one of those Pinnacle Soundbridge victims..
    Any idea when transcoding of alac files will work with RSP ?
    Thanks & keep up the good work !

rpedde
    Participant

@Martin wrote:

Hi Ron,

I am one of those Pinnacle Soundbridge victims..
    Any idea when transcoding of alac files will work with RSP ?
    Thanks & keep up the good work !

I’m going to try and get transcoding on non-windows systems tonight, and transcoding on windows systems this weekend.

That’s my goal.

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

sweetness!

😀

Martin

Wonderful, cant wait to see that !

Do you roll out a new nightly package or should I attempt to build it myself ?

Thanks

Martin

I’ve just build the latest source tree on my slug and…IT WORKS !!!
    thank you thank you thank you ! now my Pinnacle SB is back online !

Just one thing, I tried to open a file bought on iTunes. I know such songs are not supposed to play on the SB, but it made the SB reboot.

Thanks again !

fizze
    Participant

did you include .m4p files to the scan ?

Martin

yes, I guess that must be it, although I think that when I was using DAAP the Roku was refusing to play, but was not crashing.
    Really not a big problem for me anyway; I just dont purchase on iTunes anymore.

fizze
    Participant

ah ok, there’s the bug.
    got it.

Martin

Another one I dont quite understand.
    Shortly after my first successful test, I unplugged the SB to move it to its final location, then started it back up.
    The SB would not want to connect to the library anymore.
    I thought of a network issue (since it is now wireless), so I reconfigured it completely, but same issue remained. Very occasionally, it was able to connect, but then crashed when attempted to browse albums, then got connection errors when attempting to play songs.
    My other SB, running DAAP, could still connect to the library and play without issues.
    I finally went to the slug, checked the logs but could not find anything out of the usual. I rebooted mt-daapd, went back to the Pinnacle and…it works…
    Anyway, this is all wonderful work and I’m SO happy I can do something with the Pinnacle SB, at last.

rpedde
    Participant

@Martin wrote:

The SB would not want to connect to the library anymore.
    I thought of a network issue (since it is now wireless), so I reconfigured it completely, but same issue remained. Very occasionally, it was able to connect, but then crashed when attempted to browse albums, then got connection errors when attempting to play songs.
    My other SB, running DAAP, could still connect to the library and play without issues.
    I finally went to the slug, checked the logs but could not find anything out of the usual. I rebooted mt-daapd, went back to the Pinnacle and…it works…
    Anyway, this is all wonderful work and I’m SO happy I can do something with the Pinnacle SB, at last.

Hrm… I’m not sure what this is. I’m glad it’s working for you now, though. I was going to drop a new nightly this weekend, but I guess you beat me to it. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.