transcoding from flac to mp3 instead of wav?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion transcoding from flac to mp3 instead of wav?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    tetonedge

I was wondering if anybody has been able to do this, I would like to do this as well and have the newest version from CVS. Thanks

ignasigarcia

Does anybody know if transcoding to mp3 is in the developers agenda???

My huge music collection is in .ogg, which is fine for Amarok, but I’d like to listen to my music when I’m away with my mac through my VPN… Im really looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Ignasi

fizze
    Participant

well the patch is there. but it wont run properly on something like the nslu2.

aint there a player that is capable of playing ogg-streams on OS X?
    *scratches head*

tetonedge

If the patch is there is it capable of running on Linux, I need the transcoding of ogg to wave (or mp3) for my soundbridge and would like it go to mp3 so i can stream it. If that is not possible is there a way to have it tell to transcode only to certain clients?

dt

rpedde
    Participant

@tetonedge wrote:

If the patch is there is it capable of running on Linux, I need the transcoding of ogg to wave (or mp3) for my soundbridge and would like it go to mp3 so i can stream it. If that is not possible is there a way to have it tell to transcode only to certain clients?

dt

Right out of the box it does ogg conversion that works fine on the soundbridge. Doesn’t do mp3, though, just wav.

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

If that is not possible is there a way to have it tell to transcode only to certain clients?

Well, it IS possible.

Still, transcoding is based on server settings, and not on a per-client setting.
    I believe some special tweaks are done for soundbridges, though.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.