You are here: Home » Topic » Transcoding bug

Transcoding bug

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CCRDude 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #122

    CCRDude
    Participant

    Sorry to add yet another transcoding problem to the forum… πŸ˜‰
    Workaround provided at the end…

    When I run mt-daapd through /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start, I can’t play .ogg. Log says:

    2005-11-04 15:35:27: Session 0: Streaming file 'Soundfile.ogg' to 192.168.XX.YY (offset 0)
    2005-11-04 15:35:27: Got CLD signal. Reaping

    But iTunes stays at 0:00 of the song, nothing happens. If I change the daemon file to -d9, I get the following inside the log:

    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Session 0: Streaming file 'Soundfile.ogg' to 192.168.XX.YY (offset 0)
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Finished streaming converted file to remote
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Entering config_set_status
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Exiting config_set_status
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Entering config_set_status
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Exiting config_set_status
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Thread 1: Terminating
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Thread 1: Freeing request headers
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Thread 1: Freeing response headers
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Thread 1: Freeing request vars
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Thread 1: Closing fd
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: With thread 1 exiting, 1 are still running
    2005-11-04 15:39:44: Got CLD signal. Reaping

    Again, nothing plays.

    But if I run /usr/local/bin/mt-daapd -d9 -f, everything works fine:

    Session 0: Streaming file 'Soundfile.ogg' to 192.168.XX.YY (offset 0)

    I’ve now switched to running mt-daapd by saying mt-daapd & and transcoding works now (testing only .ogg, but I guess the rest will be the same). I’ve got now idea why it wouldn’t work daemonized, but if anyone else has the same problem, try this first πŸ™‚

    #3784

    CCRDude
    Participant

    Update: even though I used –enable-oggvorbis –enable-musepack –enable-flac, while ogg works, both flac and musepack fail. For Musepack, I at least get “Finished streaming converted file to remote, for flac I get:

    Soundfile.flac: ERROR while decoding data
    state = 3:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME

    The flacs have been generated by the original Windows flac frontend and tagged with WinAmp.

    both then continue with the bug above that has been solved for ogg.

    Crazy machine 😑

    #3785

    rpedde
    Participant

    hrm… sounds like the transcoding script not working. make sure your transcoding scripts work fine form the command line.

    Also, know that your env is probably differnt when it’s running as a daemon, so you might need to explicityly set path, etc in the top of your transcoding script.

    — Ron

    #3786

    CCRDude
    Participant

    I tried the transcoding script from the command line before, it streams the right things to the console πŸ˜‰
    I had even added the path to oggdec, but flac and wavstreamer were in /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin, never thought that would be a problem.

    Adding them explicitely really helped – ogg and flac playback are now perfect even in daemon mode, many thanks πŸ™‚

    Leaves Musepack, but for that I’ll continue on my own πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.