Tools to manage playlists on mt-daapd

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Tools to manage playlists on mt-daapd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    writeson
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just installed mt-daapd 2.4.1 on a Ubuntu 6.10 server and it’s serving music to a Roku Soundbridge M1000 no problem. I’m wondering if there are any tools to edit/change the playlist file for the mt-daapd server other than a text editor? Specically, is there something like Amarok that can build and modify playlists that the mt-daapd server will see?

Thanks in advance,
    Doug

rpedde
    Participant

@writeson wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed mt-daapd 2.4.1 on a Ubuntu 6.10 server and it’s serving music to a Roku Soundbridge M1000 no problem. I’m wondering if there are any tools to edit/change the playlist file for the mt-daapd server other than a text editor? Specically, is there something like Amarok that can build and modify playlists that the mt-daapd server will see?

Thanks in advance,
    Doug

You can make .m3u style playlists using any number of playlist editors… xmms will probably do it, and even amarok may. You’ll just have to make the playlist and save it as a .m3u file somewhere inside the music directory.

Then edit the config file for mt-daapd and set “enable_m3u” to 1, and restart the server. Should fire right up.

— Ron

writeson
    Participant

Ron,

Thanks for the response, that sounds exactly like what I need. I have Amarok on the same machine, I’ll check to see if I can get it to save it’s playlist files in the same place the mt-daapd server is looking.

Again, thanks for the help!
    Doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.