Time is ‘Continuous’ – longish

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Time is ‘Continuous’ – longish

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No, not a relativistic statement, but an ‘error’ in firefly.

I’ve ripped a (significant) number of songs as .wav files stored on a buffalo Terastation. I used iTunes on a PC to do this and all the songs are stored in folders in Artist Name and sub folders in Album Name. There are also a number of mp3 files from a previous era.

itunes on my PC can play all the songs and has correct band, album and duration for all files

Winamp on my PC can play all songs and has correct band, album and duration for all files

Firefly (Ver 1.0 (svn 1359)) on my PC can stream songs but has no band, album or duration info for .wav files. mp3 files are ok. This makes sense as .wav files have no tags

Firefly (svn 1586) on Terastation cannot stream any .wav files and has no band or album info for any .wav files and time is ‘Continuous’ for all .wavs. mp3s are ok. This makes no sense to me

I know I can get firefly on the Terastation to see the album/artist info by copying my iTunes xml files over but .wav files still won’t stream.

Any clues please?

rpedde
    Participant

@account_doesnt_work wrote:

No, not a relativistic statement, but an ‘error’ in firefly.

I’ve ripped a (significant) number of songs as .wav files stored on a buffalo Terastation. I used iTunes on a PC to do this and all the songs are stored in folders in Artist Name and sub folders in Album Name. There are also a number of mp3 files from a previous era.

itunes on my PC can play all the songs and has correct band, album and duration for all files

Winamp on my PC can play all songs and has correct band, album and duration for all files

Firefly (Ver 1.0 (svn 1359)) on my PC can stream songs but has no band, album or duration info for .wav files. mp3 files are ok. This makes sense as .wav files have no tags

Firefly (svn 1586) on Terastation cannot stream any .wav files and has no band or album info for any .wav files and time is ‘Continuous’ for all .wavs. mp3s are ok. This makes no sense to me

I know I can get firefly on the Terastation to see the album/artist info by copying my iTunes xml files over but .wav files still won’t stream.

Any clues please?

it’s parsing metadata wrong. Can you send me an affected .wav file at [email protected]?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you get the file I send you?

rpedde
    Participant

Did you get the file I send you?

Hrm, no.

Can you resend it and post that you have? Might have gotten thrown in my “junk” folder, but it’s probably too late now to dig it out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On it’s way again. title is ‘Time is continuous’

rpedde
    Participant

On it’s way again. title is ‘Time is continuous’

Got it this time. I’ll let you know when I have something on it.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any progress yet Ron? ๐Ÿ˜€

rpedde
    Participant

Any progress yet Ron? ๐Ÿ˜€

Sorry, I’ve been slugging away at other stuff. I hope this weekend to be past that, though, and get to the stuff in my “todo” folder. The file is still there, and second from the top. ๐Ÿ™‚

paulbeard

I have the same thing happening here, with release 0.2.4 on FreeBSD. I need to nag the port’s maintainer to upgrade: it’s still listed as mt-daapd in the ports collection.

This is a great utility. Thanks for making it available.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.