Thank you, Ron!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    migmog

I’ve been running the old mt-daapd on my Maxtor Shared Storage for ages now, and I just upgraded to the most recent. It rocks!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Ron for this fantastic program.

Some months ago I spent a few evenings getting the MSS supported as a platform in the NSLU2 / optware build system. I thought that it might be a useful exercise to see what sort of software we could run on an embedded box. This was my small contribution to the world open source, and it felt good to put something back.

I did not expect to have this contribution repaid with the ability to run great software such as this on my wee box.

Long live open source!

migmog

rpedde
    Participant

@migmog wrote:

Long live open source!

here here. a perfect example of the beauty of the system — small contributions by lots of people interlock and coalesce into interesting and beautiful things.

There is no way a commercial company would bother porting the breadth of applications to the MSS that exist for it now. Only open source could have made something like that possible, because the effort of doing it could be split across thousands of people.

So not just thanks to me… thanks to you, to rwhitby, to the fsf, to the other original package authors… thanks to everyone.

But I’ll take the proximate credit, at least here on my forums. 🙂

Thanks.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.