Tags Not Updating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    greenleaf
    Participant

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but my search of the forums didn’t provide me with the answer I was seeking. Maybe I didn’t phrase my search properly.

I have Firefly version svn-1376 running on an Ubuntu Feisty box serving music to iTunes on a Windows XP box and an OS-X Tiger iMac. I also have iTunes on one user account on the Windows XP box connected to the same music via a samba share so that I can easily sync my iPod to the library.

My problem is that after I fixed a bunch of tag information via iTunes the other day, not all of those updates translated over to Firefly. I changed bits of tag information for about 4,000 songs that day, so I haven’t dug deep to find out exactly what has or hasn’t changed, but I know that some of the genres that I did away with are still showing up when I browse the shared library.

Is there a way I can force Firefly to completely rescan the library and update any and all changes that were made, no matter how minute they were? Thanks in advance for helping this n00b fix a rather annoying, but otherwise non-critical issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a way I can force Firefly to completely rescan the library and update any and all changes that were made, no matter how minute they were?

go the firefly web admin page and hit the start full scan button. You may also want to change the ‘scan type’ in the config page (advanced configuration) to 1 or 2 to perform aggressive scans – takes a lot longer mind you but maybe you’ll need to in order to pick up the changes.

greenleaf
    Participant

I think I may have figured out what the problem was. From time to time, with iTunes looking at a samba share for its library, a network hiccup will cause it to lose track of some music, and I think some of the genres I was seeing that were no longer used belong to tracks that had been dropped by iTunes but still existed where the library is actually located on disk. They just aren’t being picked up by iTunes because I had dropped the whole album from the iTunes library when I couldn’t find a bunch of the tracks. I’d just forgotten to add them back in. I think I should fix the iTunes library and then hopefully it and the Firefly library would match.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.