Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    awenger

Hey Ron,

Thanks for your great job on the port to the DS101g! I got it working on my DS-106e by following your guide (Since I’m a linux n00b), I didn’t found any bugs after using it for 7 days.

Since I’m going to upgrade to a 4 disk Synology NAS, I want to bring back my Synology DS-106e back to factory defaults. Can you please tell me how to unistall FFMS, IPKG and the other packages (libid3tag, libogg, ivorbis-tools, flac, bash, alac-decoder, sqlite)?

rpedde
    Participant

@awenger wrote:

Hey Ron,

Thanks for your great job on the port to the DS101g! I got it working on my DS-106e by following your guide (Since I’m a linux n00b), I didn’t found any bugs after using it for 7 days.

Since I’m going to upgrade to a 4 disk Synology NAS, I want to bring back my Synology DS-106e back to factory defaults. Can you please tell me how to unistall FFMS, IPKG and the other packages (libid3tag, libogg, ivorbis-tools, flac, bash, alac-decoder, sqlite)?

You can “ipkg remove” those files, but I think they are all sitting out of the way in “/opt”. Anything there can probably be safely removed, and the optware enabler script will create it again if you want/need it.

— Ron

SydneyGuy
    Participant

After two and half weeks I finally got my replacement SoundBridge today so I am now looking at getting Firefly running on my CS-406. It’s all looking good so far, ie it is playing music!!!

I then tried rebooting my server but Firefly didn’t start automatically. Where do I have to put the command to run it (./opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd) so that it starts automatically after rebooting the server?

Also, is there a web-admin page for this version? I saw some settings in the conf file but so far have been unable to find the magic incantation in my web browser to connect to it.

For a first time effort you have done well Ron …. and I think I have done pretty good too 😀

SydneyGuy
    Participant

Never mind about the web admin page, I sorted that one out eventually.

One thing I have noticed on the “Server Status” page is the “Songs Served” counter doesn’t increment, ie it’s stuck at 0. Everything else displayed on the page looks correct. No real drama as I don’t really need to know how many songs I have listened to.

I do still need to know how to get it to auto start on a server reboot.

SydneyGuy
    Participant

Sorry for the multiple messages ….

As I said above I managed to find the Web Admin page. All was OK (apart from the songs served count) but after a while it prompted me for username/password again. Entering the correct password was to no avail. It just kept reprompting. I had to telnet to the server and restart the daemon so that I could get to the Web Admin page again. It took about 3 minutes before I could actually access it but it eventually became available. I’m not sure if it will die again but I am presuming it will. If there is somewhere I can look to get an idea of what happened just let me know and I’ll get the log and post it.

rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

Sorry for the multiple messages ….

As I said above I managed to find the Web Admin page. All was OK (apart from the songs served count) but after a while it prompted me for username/password again. Entering the correct password was to no avail. It just kept reprompting. I had to telnet to the server and restart the daemon so that I could get to the Web Admin page again. It took about 3 minutes before I could actually access it but it eventually became available. I’m not sure if it will die again but I am presuming it will. If there is somewhere I can look to get an idea of what happened just let me know and I’ll get the log and post it.

I wonder if you have two of them running. It should automatically start up at boot, although it might take 5 minutes or so to start up — it’s competing with all the other things starting up, and so might take a while.

I wonder if when you started it, you started another version.

Or something.

SydneyGuy
    Participant

It definitely doesn’t autostart. I just rebooted the server and left it for 10 mins. The SoundBridge was not able to connect. I logged in via telnet and a “ps -a” does not show any mt-daapd processes at all. When it is running there are usually 4. Starting it manually then returns everything to normal and the SoundBridge can connect.

Where is the setting for it to start automatically? If I know where it is I can check to see if the command is missing and if so I can add it.

SydneyGuy
    Participant

Some ongoing problems….

The autostart problem.

The web admin works fine when I first start the daemon but after a while it fails. All it does is prompt me for the username and password.

Another problem is that it doesn’t seem to update the database if I add new files. I have it set to update every 600 seconds if a client is connected. I’ve tried to check the status and was going to do a manual scan but the web admin problem mentioned above stops me from doing that. All I can do is kill the daemon and restart it. Once it restarts it does a scan and any new files are added to the database as expected.

That’s all I am aware of at the moment. Other than these three things everything seems fine. Certainly the core function of serving the data is working fine.

rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

The autostart problem.

This isn’t normal. That must be a platform specific problem. The default unslung automatically starts up things with startup scripts. It might be that the firmware on your device doesn’t have a hook to run things at boot. Or perhaps for your device there are additional steps to make things autostart. Might poke around on any device-specific forums to see if anyone has solved that problem. Again, I don’t think it’s a package problem, but rather a problem with the unslung port to the device.

The web admin works fine when I first start the daemon but after a while it fails. All it does is prompt me for the username and password.

This I’d like to see logs on. Can you run with a log file and -d9 logs and email me a copy of the logs when it fails?

You can email me at [email protected].

Another problem is that it doesn’t seem to update the database if I add new files. I have it set to update every 600 seconds if a client is connected. I’ve tried to check the status and was going to do a manual scan but the web admin problem mentioned above stops me from doing that. All I can do is kill the daemon and restart it. Once it restarts it does a scan and any new files are added to the database as expected.

That’s all I am aware of at the moment. Other than these three things everything seems fine. Certainly the core function of serving the data is working fine.

I wonder if these last two are releated. Again, the logs might help me see that.

Thanks.

— Ron

SydneyGuy
    Participant

I’ll have a look at getting a log to you. It’s already Monday here so I will have to look at it tonight.

As for the startup problem … it would be good if we could sort out why the proper startup procedure doesn’t work. However, I can easily start it by telneting into the box and running the command interactively. Can’t I just place that command somewhere, akin the Windows Startup Group, so that it will run automatically? When I was playing with the Twonky software I had to put its startup command in rc.local I haven’t tried putting the Firefly command in there but perhaps it is worth a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.