Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    SydneyGuy
    Participant

Any joy with this Ron? I know you haven’t had anything better to do all weekend than to sort this out for me ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

Any joy with this Ron? I know you haven’t had anything better to do all weekend than to sort this out for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Just now is the first I’ve set down to work on this all weekend. I’m downloading the compilers and stuff now.

— Ron

SydneyGuy
    Participant

That’s right it’s probably still the weekend for you. 10:20am Monday here.

No super rush though as I have had to return my new SoundBridge to the supplier as it was physically damaged when I got it. It still worked fine but when you spend that kind of money on something you want it to look perfect too. Hope to have my replacement tomorrow. I can still play with the server side of things though so if you do release something at least I can get it installed in preparation for when the replacement arrives.

SydneyGuy
    Participant

How’s the playing with the compiler going? I hope to get my replacement SoundBridge tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Twonky will still be working but it would be nice to be able to try Firefly.

rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

How’s the playing with the compiler going? I hope to get my replacement SoundBridge tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Twonky will still be working but it would be nice to be able to try Firefly.

I’ve got a built package, but I’m using the ds101g toolchain, which I read should work. I guess the only thing to do is try. I’ll have the package up next nightlies (tonight or tomorrow), and it will likely take some experimentation to get it all working right.

But we’re close.

— Ron

SydneyGuy
    Participant

Sounds like some great progress. I wish I could say the same with getting my replacement unit. It’s lunchtime Friday and it still hasn’t arrived so it doesn’t look like I will have it for the weekend.

If you do get the software up I’ll take a look at it and try to install it on my CS-406. I just wont be able to test it properly until I get my replacement SoundsBridge.

SydneyGuy
    Participant

Is this what I need to use on the CS-406???

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/dl.php?FILE=mt-daapd_svn-1571-1ds101g_powerpc.ipk

I *STILL* haven’t received my replacement SoundBridge but it can’t be too far away. I can play with the server side of things while I wait for it to show up.

rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

Is this what I need to use on the CS-406???

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/dl.php?FILE=mt-daapd_svn-1571-1ds101g_powerpc.ipk

I *STILL* haven’t received my replacement SoundBridge but it can’t be too far away. I can play with the server side of things while I wait for it to show up.

Yes, or at least, I think so. ๐Ÿ™‚

You’ll need to install the optware enabler at the site mentioned above, then install the dependant files — libid3tag, libogg, ivorbis-tools, flac, bash, alac-decoder, sqlite.

You’ll do that with “ipkg install libid3tag libogg ivorbis-tools … etc …”

Then install that package by putting it someplace on the device and doing an:

ipkg install /path/to/mt-daapd_svn-1571-1ds101g_powerpc.ipk

Then edit the config file to taste. Of course, there will probably be a bunch of hurdles to overcome before that, but there you go.

— Ron

SydneyGuy
    Participant

Ah you’ve gotta love UNIX. Everything is so damn simple to get going. And yet they still wonder why the masses don’t use it ……

I’ll give it a go when I get a chance in the next day or two. I’ve got a busy start to the week but I’m looking forward to giving a go.

rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

Ah you’ve gotta love UNIX. Everything is so damn simple to get going. And yet they still wonder why the masses don’t use it ……

I’ll give it a go when I get a chance in the next day or two. I’ve got a busy start to the week but I’m looking forward to giving a go.

Exactly… even free unixes are only free if your time has no value.

Fortunately, I like twiddling around with stuff like that, so I don’t see it as an expense. Most folks probably don’t though. Hence the lack of masses. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.