svn-909 directory-scan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    volker
    Participant

Hello
    It’s new that mt-daapd recognize directories starting with a dot. My server run on a linux-box and the mp3-dir is also mounted via netatalk. So there are .AppleDouble directories. Here ist every file represented with the same name. On a scan every mp3-file is listed as wrong file in the log (shure, that are not mp3s) and much worse, mt-daapd crashed on .ogg-files. Can I prevend mt-daapd from scanning directories starting with a dot?

greetings volker

PS: I liked the art-filename too, but I acept the arguments to kill this feature … now there is realy al lot of wok to put the pictures in the files …

rpedde
    Participant

Yeah, it was missing albums and stuff that started with “…” or something.

As far as the crashing on oggs, that’s probably a libogg thing — I just use that library to scan it. I could make an “ignore_dirs” directive or something. Maybe even do that in addition to a “ignore hidden files” option.

Ticket #82

Post edited by: rpedde, at: 2006/04/22 03:16

Patrekur
    Participant

Ron I also ran into this. I added a link to netatalk and a full list of special netatalk and netatalk folders to Ticket #82

Also as netatalk might be a regular offender in a mac setting maybe these files and folders could be a standard ignore case?

rpedde
    Participant

Yeah it does sound like there needs to be a “ignore frequently stupid files” (appledouble, etc) as well as a “ignore dotted files and folders”.

I’d probably default the first one to “yes”, and the second to “no”, and let the user disable it themselves.

— Ron

Thanks for the feedback on 82.

— Ron

Patrekur
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Well I didn’t mean those fles and folders should always be ignored but it could be a standard option in the config file. Saves the user from finding out exactly which are those special files and folders and list them.

This way the user can opt to ignore them by setting something like:

ignore-afp-special-files=YES

On top of that you could still make a ignore list as well.

By the way I guess you must run into the same kind of thing when you run mt-daapd on Mac OS X (or heaven forbid Mac OS)?

Just my 2 cents,

Patrick

Post edited by: patrekur, at: 2006/04/23 22:54

rpedde
    Participant

It hasn’t really bit me, although I’ve seen it on on .mpg files, where I get little apple filter turds all over the place that makes programs that scan for video files (xbox media center, primarily) crazy.

I don’t have any .ogg files, though, so I never observed that the libogg crashed on badly formatted files.

Patrekur
    Participant

rpedde wrote:

Yeah it does sound like there needs to be a “ignore frequently stupid files” (appledouble, etc) as well as a “ignore dotted files and folders”.

I’d probably default the first one to “yes”, and the second to “no”, and let the user disable it themselves.

— Ron

Thanks for the feedback on 82.

— Ron

Ron,

I must have misread this because I thought you said you didn’t see a reason for it.

Ah well…

Cheers,

Patrick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.