svn-1696 compiling error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blebo
    Participant

using the options

./configure --enable-sqlite3 --with-sqlite-includes=/usr/local/include --with-sqlite-libs=/usr/local/lib --enable-oggvorbis --enable-flac --enable-upnp --enable-musepack --prefix=/usr

i get the error

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I.. -g -O2 -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -o out-daap.la -rpath /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins -module -avoid-version out-daap.lo out-daap-proto.lo -ldl -lFLAC -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg -lpthread -lid3tag -lz -lsqlite3 -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lFLAC -ltag_c
    libtool: link: `out-daap.lo' is not a valid libtool object
    make[3]: *** [out-daap.la] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src/plugins'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [out-daap.la] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src/plugins'
    make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    [1]+ Exit 2 make

this is the first time i’ve had any errors compiling nightlies. the last nightly i used before updating to this one was 1586.

any help would be much appreciated 😀

edit:
    this is on x86 platform running gentoo 2006.1 (i think)

rpedde
    Participant

@Blebo wrote:

using the options

./configure --enable-sqlite3 --with-sqlite-includes=/usr/local/include --with-sqlite-libs=/usr/local/lib --enable-oggvorbis --enable-flac --enable-upnp --enable-musepack --prefix=/usr

i get the error

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I.. -g -O2 -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -o out-daap.la -rpath /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins -module -avoid-version out-daap.lo out-daap-proto.lo -ldl -lFLAC -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg -lpthread -lid3tag -lz -lsqlite3 -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lFLAC -ltag_c
    make[3]: *** [out-daap.la] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src/plugins'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [out-daap.la] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src/plugins'
    make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mt-daapd-svn-1695/src'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    [1]+ Exit 2 make

this is the first time i’ve had any errors compiling nightlies. the last nightly i used before updating to this one was 1586.

any help would be much appreciated 😀

edit:
    this is on x86 platform running gentoo 2006.1 (i think)

Wow. I have no idea. You have libtool installed?

Blebo
    Participant

ok, well i updated libtool and that got rid of the libtool error, letting it compile ok. however, now i get this when try and start the service:

* Starting mt-daapd DAAP server ...
    /lib/rcscripts/sh/rc-daemon.sh: line 231: 26780 Segmentation fault /sbin/start-stop-daemon '--start' '--quiet' '--pidfile' '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid' '--exec' '/usr/sbin/mt-daapd' '--' '-P' '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid' '-c' '/etc/mt-daapd.conf' [ !! ]

this is when i use the config file from the previous nightly, tho, i’m thinking it is perhaps gentoo moreso than firefly that is the problem. what is the ‘default’ location of the firefly log file so i can give u guys more info if required?

rpedde
    Participant

@Blebo wrote:

ok, well i updated libtool and that got rid of the libtool error, letting it compile ok. however, now i get this when try and start the service:

* Starting mt-daapd DAAP server ...
    /lib/rcscripts/sh/rc-daemon.sh: line 231: 26780 Segmentation fault /sbin/start-stop-daemon '--start' '--quiet' '--pidfile' '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid' '--exec' '/usr/sbin/mt-daapd' '--' '-P' '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid' '-c' '/etc/mt-daapd.conf' [ !! ]

this is when i use the config file from the previous nightly, tho, i’m thinking it is perhaps gentoo moreso than firefly that is the problem. what is the ‘default’ location of the firefly log file so i can give u guys more info if required?

Check your plugin directory. It should be /lib/mt-daapd/plugins, I think. Watch where it installs the plugins to when you compile it. If it’s pointed to /usr/share/mt-daapd/plugins, that’s the issue.

— Ron

Blebo
    Participant

that was the clincher, cheers Ron!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.