svn-1671 running on Windows Vista "EXCESSIVE" cpu

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback svn-1671 running on Windows Vista "EXCESSIVE" cpu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dscycler
    Participant

svn-1671 seems to function on Vista fine. But it is using 40% to 50% of the CPU continuously at the moment. It isn’t scanning and not serving up content. What’s up with that? This is on a system with a 3 Ghz P-4 and 2 GB ram.

When I stop the server and then restart it firefly runs in the high 40% during the initial scan then drops to 0% when the scan is complete.

It had been running for about 1.5 days when it was exhibiting the continuous high cpu usage. I will check tomorrow and let you know what I see then.

Also today the song count went down to 9 from 3k+. I renamed songs3.db then restarted the server. It still found only 9 songs. I stopped the server and then started up debug mode. In debug mode it found 3k+ songs. Once the scan was complete I restarted the server in normal mode. On the initial scan it located the 3380 songs. I remember having to do this after prior upgrades. Is this normal?

I will report back tomorrow.

rpedde
    Participant

@dscycler wrote:

svn-1671 seems to function on Vista fine. But it is using 40% to 50% of the CPU continuously at the moment. It isn’t scanning and not serving up content. What’s up with that? This is on a system with a 3 Ghz P-4 and 2 GB ram.

It should be just sitting on a select, but I’ll check it. I just got a vista machine built for debugging with dev tools on it, so I finally have a good testbed for this (besides a vm).

Also today the song count went down to 9 from 3k+. I renamed songs3.db then restarted the server. It still found only 9 songs. I stopped the server and then started up debug mode. In debug mode it found 3k+ songs. Once the scan was complete I restarted the server in normal mode. On the initial scan it located the 3380 songs. I remember having to do this after prior upgrades. Is this normal?

Permissions? It’s running as a different user in debug mode than service mode. It’s probably permissions related.

— Ron

dscycler
    Participant

All is well so far today. I did change the service from loging in as System Account to loging as my domain accunt. So far so good.

My hunch is that the problem is the result of the version upgrade process.

rpedde
    Participant

@dscycler wrote:

All is well so far today. I did change the service from loging in as System Account to loging as my domain accunt. So far so good.

My hunch is that the problem is the result of the version upgrade process.

There was a version before this that the sockets got switched (how?) to non-blocking, and causes a lot of thrashing in selects. But I think that was fixed in 1671. Maybe when you upgraded to 1671 something didn’t get updated. Not sure. But I think 1671 should be okay.

It seems to be okay on my Vista machine.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.