svn-1659 (and 1655) configure/build issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1726
    evans02472
    Participant

    I’m not using a “standard” platform, but when I cuild (both 1655 and 1659) I get an error related to the VA_COPY macros in util.c:

    util.c: In function âutil_vasprintfâ:
    util.c:694: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of âmemcpyâ
    util.c:694: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of âmemcpyâ
    util.c:713: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of âmemcpyâ
    util.c:713: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of âmemcpyâ
    make[3]: *** [util.o] Error 1

    I can make this go away if I forcefully define “HAVE_VA_COPY” when I configure the build – just not sure why it’s not autodetecting that properly.

    I am using an Alpha based system as my server – that is odd, I know …

    My configure line:

    CFLAGS=”-O2 -mcpu=ev6″ ./configure –enable-ssl –enable-ffmpeg –enable-upnp –enable-avahi –enable-sqlite3 –enable-iconv –enable-oggvorbis –enable-flac –enable-musepack –with-id3tag=/usr/include/taglib/ –with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg/ –prefix=/usr

    #12564
    rpedde
    Participant

    @evans02472 wrote:

    I’m not using a “standard” platform, but when I cuild (both 1655 and 1659) I get an error related to the VA_COPY macros in util.c:

    util.c: In function âutil_vasprintfâ:
    util.c:694: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of âmemcpyâ
    util.c:694: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of âmemcpyâ
    util.c:713: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of âmemcpyâ
    util.c:713: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of âmemcpyâ
    make[3]: *** [util.o] Error 1

    I can make this go away if I forcefully define “HAVE_VA_COPY” when I configure the build – just not sure why it’s not autodetecting that properly.

    I am using an Alpha based system as my server – that is odd, I know …

    My configure line:

    CFLAGS=”-O2 -mcpu=ev6″ ./configure –enable-ssl –enable-ffmpeg –enable-upnp –enable-avahi –enable-sqlite3 –enable-iconv –enable-oggvorbis –enable-flac –enable-musepack –with-id3tag=/usr/include/taglib/ –with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg/ –prefix=/usr

    What’s the system and os? Alpha, I know, but what compiler, os, etc.

    #12565
    evans02472
    Participant

    @rpedde wrote:

    What’s the system and os? Alpha, I know, but what compiler, os, etc.

    Doh! forgot about that – Linux (Debian 4.0 (stable+unstable))

    gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

    Using built-in specs.
    Target: alpha-linux-gnu
    Configured with: ../src/configure -v –enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c ++,treelang –prefix=/usr –enable-shared –with-system-zlib –libexecdir=/usr/l ib –without-included-gettext –enable-threads=posix –enable-nls –program-suff ix=-4.1 –enable-__cxa_atexit –enable-clocale=gnu –enable-libstdcxx-debug –en able-mpfr –disable-libssp –enable-checking=release alpha-linux-gnu
    Thread model: posix

    uname -a:
    Linux chronictown 2.6.22.1-ds20 #4 SMP Sun Sep 9 23:45:41 EDT 2007 alpha GNU/Linux

    #12566
    rpedde
    Participant

    @evans02472 wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    What’s the system and os? Alpha, I know, but what compiler, os, etc.

    Doh! forgot about that – Linux (Debian 4.0 (stable+unstable))

    gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

    Using built-in specs.
    Target: alpha-linux-gnu
    Configured with: ../src/configure -v –enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c ++,treelang –prefix=/usr –enable-shared –with-system-zlib –libexecdir=/usr/l ib –without-included-gettext –enable-threads=posix –enable-nls –program-suff ix=-4.1 –enable-__cxa_atexit –enable-clocale=gnu –enable-libstdcxx-debug –en able-mpfr –disable-libssp –enable-checking=release alpha-linux-gnu
    Thread model: posix

    uname -a:
    Linux chronictown 2.6.22.1-ds20 #4 SMP Sun Sep 9 23:45:41 EDT 2007 alpha GNU/Linux

    That really is strange. It’s a straight-up gcc machine, but doesn’t detect va_args right. I have a couple other debian platforms that have va_lists that are structs not pointers, and it works on them. Strange.

    Can you find what header file va_copy is defined? If you could find it and email it to me at [email protected], I’d sure like to see it.

    — Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.