svn-1571 not working after upgrading to iTunes 7.3.1.3

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback svn-1571 not working after upgrading to iTunes 7.3.1.3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    gerhard
    Participant

Never touch a running system, a wise man once said.
    Just upgraded to the latest Itunes version (W2K) and cannot play my music any more. The share is show, and as everything worked with iTunes 7.1.something, i guest apple changed something to make people angry πŸ˜‰

Should I upgrade to the latest svn ? or provide more details.
    iTunes shows an error -3259 (Cannot access shared library (translated from german version)) and says that I should open firewall port 3689. But since previous versions of iTunes worked flawless, this error message must be wrong.

The log file says nothing πŸ™

Gerhard

rpedde
    Participant

@gerhard wrote:

Never touch a running system, a wise man once said.
    Just upgraded to the latest Itunes version (W2K) and cannot play my music any more. The share is show, and as everything worked with iTunes 7.1.something, i guest apple changed something to make people angry πŸ˜‰

Should I upgrade to the latest svn ? or provide more details.
    iTunes shows an error -3259 (Cannot access shared library (translated from german version)) and says that I should open firewall port 3689. But since previous versions of iTunes worked flawless, this error message must be wrong.

The log file says nothing πŸ™

Gerhard

Can you http to port 3689 on the server? Something like http://server.ip.addr:3689?

Usually that means that the server isn’t running, since iTunes can’t make a connection.

gerhard
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Can you http to port 3689 on the server? Something like http://server.ip.addr:3689?

Usually that means that the server isn’t running, since iTunes can’t make a connection.

Yes. And I can connect and play via other clients (Roku, rhythmbox). Strange.

gerhard
    Participant

running mt-daapd with -d 9 just gives me a few select … lines, nothing more. I also deleted the iTunes forder in the MyMusic folder without success. iTunes says it is loading data from the selected share, but stops with the posted error message after ~ 15 secs. Looks like it doesn’t even try to connect to the share (since there’s no log entry and I’m sure there would be one when a client connects to the server)

Gerhard

rpedde
    Participant

@gerhard wrote:

running mt-daapd with -d 9 just gives me a few select … lines, nothing more. I also deleted the iTunes forder in the MyMusic folder without success. iTunes says it is loading data from the selected share, but stops with the posted error message after ~ 15 secs. Looks like it doesn’t even try to connect to the share (since there’s no log entry and I’m sure there would be one when a client connects to the server)

Gerhard

Any kind of third party firewall? VPN software? Anything crazy like that? My cisco vpn software sometimes flakes out my routing tables on my mac. πŸ™

gerhard
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Any kind of third party firewall? VPN software? Anything crazy like that? My cisco vpn software sometimes flakes out my routing tables on my mac. πŸ™

No.No. No. Did the update from 7.0.2.16 to 7.3.1.3 yesterday also on my laptop (also W2K). Before the upgrade iTunes could play, afterwords no even connect the share. That’s really weird.

Btw, is there any standard for characters in the sharename, since I use “mt-daapd” as share name, but as iTunes can see it (and could play it in previous versions) that should be OK.

Gerhard

rpedde
    Participant

@gerhard wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

No.No. No. Did the update from 7.0.2.16 to 7.3.1.3 yesterday also on my laptop (also W2K). Before the upgrade iTunes could play, afterwords no even connect the share. That’s really weird.

Btw, is there any standard for characters in the sharename, since I use “mt-daapd” as share name, but as iTunes can see it (and could play it in previous versions) that should be OK.

Gerhard

Maybe it’s a windows thing. My macs seem okay. I’ll try a windows machine at work tomorrow.

— Ron

gerhard
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Maybe it’s a windows thing. My macs seem okay. I’ll try a windows machine at work tomorrow.

— Ron

Does anyone else have this problem with the latest iTunes under W2K, or do my problems discourage anyone from upgrading ? As there’s nothing in the log, it seems iTunes does’nt even try to connect.
    I thought, that maybe proxy settings are taken from the web browser, but the web proxy logs don’t show any connections either.

And the subject should of course be ” iTunes in the latest version not working with mt-daapd” πŸ˜‰ I can (still) connect via Soundbridge and rhythmbox without any problems.
    Will try to downgrade iTunes this evening, that shold do it.

Gerhard

Bramfm

@gerhard wrote:

Does anyone else have this problem with the latest iTunes under W2K, or do my problems discourage anyone from upgrading ? As there’s nothing in the log, it seems iTunes does’nt even try to connect.
    I thought, that maybe proxy settings are taken from the web browser, but the web proxy logs don’t show any connections either.

And the subject should of course be ” iTunes in the latest version not working with mt-daapd” πŸ˜‰ I can (still) connect via Soundbridge and rhythmbox without any problems.

Gerhard

I have exactly the same problem with the latest version of iTunes and XP.

rpedde
    Participant

@Bramfm wrote:

@gerhard wrote:

Gerhard

I have exactly the same problem with the latest version of iTunes and XP.

I noticed that on mac, with latest bonjour it’s trying to connect to the IPv6 address, not the IPv4 one. Wonder if that’s it?

I’ll try and add IPv6 to the next build. I’ve merged up the test branch into the mainline branch, and hope to have it cleaned up and compilable again on windows in a day or two.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.