You are here: Home » Topic » svn-1498 and Win Vista

svn-1498 and Win Vista

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dscycler 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1119

    dscycler
    Participant

    I am able to launch in debug mode and firefly scans my itunes and comes up with 3213 songs. Then I close debug mode. Then I start the firefly service and run the configuration mode. When it starts it does see the 3213 songs but on rescan the db has 0 songs.

    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Firefly Version svn-1498: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Building drive mapping table from E:Program FilesFirefly Media Servermapping.ini
    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Initializing database
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Starting web server from E:Program FilesFirefly Media Serveradmin-root on port 9999
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Registering rendezvous names
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Serving 3213 songs. Startup complete in 1 seconds
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Rescanning database
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Starting playlist scan
    2007-02-19 18:25:15 (8fa832aa): Updating playlists
    2007-02-19 18:25:16 (8fa832aa): Scanned 0 songs (was 3213) in 4 seconds

    At that point the web interface shows 0 songs and there are 0 songs shown on my Roku 1000. Also the songs3.db is 1,888 KB so there appear to be data rows in there. (It was 12 KB until I ran in debug mode.)

    svn-1498 run like a champ on XP Pro.

    Any ideas? I have a functioning dual boot system and will happily test.

    Also Configuration tool allows only access to web interface. Also there is an error when trying to add a 2nd music folder.

    #9245

    rpedde
    Participant

    @dscycler wrote:

    I am able to launch in debug mode and firefly scans my itunes and comes up with 3213 songs. Then I close debug mode. Then I start the firefly service and run the configuration mode. When it starts it does see the 3213 songs but on rescan the db has 0 songs.

    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Firefly Version svn-1498: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Building drive mapping table from E:Program FilesFirefly Media Servermapping.ini
    2007-02-19 18:25:11 (8fa832aa): Initializing database
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Starting web server from E:Program FilesFirefly Media Serveradmin-root on port 9999
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Registering rendezvous names
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Serving 3213 songs. Startup complete in 1 seconds
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Rescanning database
    2007-02-19 18:25:12 (8fa832aa): Starting playlist scan
    2007-02-19 18:25:15 (8fa832aa): Updating playlists
    2007-02-19 18:25:16 (8fa832aa): Scanned 0 songs (was 3213) in 4 seconds

    At that point the web interface shows 0 songs and there are 0 songs shown on my Roku 1000. Also the songs3.db is 1,888 KB so there appear to be data rows in there. (It was 12 KB until I ran in debug mode.)

    svn-1498 run like a champ on XP Pro.

    Any ideas? I have a functioning dual boot system and will happily test.

    Also Configuration tool allows only access to web interface. Also there is an error when trying to add a 2nd music folder.

    All of those are from the service not logging in as a user. Go into the service admin and change the logon from local system to your user account, and it should work.

    There are some UAC problems on vista, but those are unrelated to the ones you are seeing.

    — Ron

    #9246

    dscycler
    Participant

    Thanks, I thought of that but didn’t check it. I will take care of the service login next time I boot up in Vista and let you know.

    #9247

    dscycler
    Participant

    I was not able to get firefly running properly with Vista running standalone and the iTunes media pointing to a Win2003 server. Once I joined the domain and set the firefly service to log in as the domain user things are fine.

    There is still a roadblock with UAC and the configuration tool though.

    Thanks for your help and trust you will shake the flu.

    #9248

    rpedde
    Participant

    @dscycler wrote:

    I was not able to get firefly running properly with Vista running standalone and the iTunes media pointing to a Win2003 server. Once I joined the domain and set the firefly service to log in as the domain user things are fine.

    There is still a roadblock with UAC and the configuration tool though.

    Thanks for your help and trust you will shake the flu.

    That’s kind of a generic windows permissions thing, though.

    You *should* be able to create a local user (that is an admin) that has the same username and password as a user on the domain that has rights (as long as the 2k3 server is a dc), or has the same username and password as a local user on the 2k3 server if it’s just a member server, but sure, adding it to the domain is a lot easier.

    I’ve started splitting out the admin stuff into a separate program, but I’m a slow windows coder. 🙂 I spend too much time in msdn and not enough time pounding out code.

    haven’t coded win32 in a long time.

    — Ron

    #9249

    dscycler
    Participant

    Can you supply a list of ports that need to be opened in the Vista firewall? SB1000 connects fine to firefly on Vista when the firewall is off but not when it is on.

    Thanks.

    #9250

    rpedde
    Participant

    @dscycler wrote:

    Can you supply a list of ports that need to be opened in the Vista firewall? SB1000 connects fine to firefly on Vista when the firewall is off but not when it is on.

    Thanks.

    If it sees it but can’t connect, then it’s missing port 9999 tcp. Or you can unfirewall the executable itself. But it should have done that on install. Unless maybe it was upgraded?

    #9251

    dscycler
    Participant

    So I stripped out all references to Bonjour and Firefly from the firewall, then added both programs back in and now the SB 1000 sees Firefly OK.

    Thanks for the nudges.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.