svn-1488 feedback

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    S80_UK
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Great to see another nightly release!

Installed on my NSLU2 (unslung 6.8 to a stick) over the prior svn-1463 with no issues.

Only minor problem I currently see is the Songs Served count on the status web page still not incrementing for FLAC (but OK for .mp3 .wma and .m4a files).

I must stress – this does nothing to spoil my enjoyment 😀

Great program!

rpedde
    Participant

@S80_UK wrote:

Only minor problem I currently see is the Songs Served count on the status web page still not incrementing for FLAC (but OK for .mp3 .wma and .m4a files).

Ah, but does the playcount?

I’ll check that. Thanks.

— Ron

S80_UK
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Ah, but does the playcount?

Hi Ron. Not sure how I check that. Where would I look?

But I think I have hit a more serious problem. If I initiate a scan, either timed, or from the web page with Start Scan, then well towards the end of the scan (maybe even at the end) the mt-daapd process gets killed! If I delete the database file mt-daapd.db and then stop and restart the NSLU2 I get back up and running again.

I wanted to get back to svn-1463 to see if it was due to any music files that I had added, but I don’t think I added anything between yesterday when it worked and upgrading today when it broke.

Did you change stuff in scanning? Or can you tell me (simply) how to allow svn-1463 to reinstall? It won’t at the moment because ipkg sees 1488 which is “up to date”.

Thanks.

Les.

Setup: NSLU2 (266MHz), Unslung 6.8 (to stick), SoundBridge M1000 (wireless), Linksys WAG354G-UK (ADSL router)

Ted Harper
    Participant

I installed svn-1488 on my NSLU2 (6.8 and unslung to the disc drive) just now and also had no problems with updating.

I then ran a Full Rescan from the web interface and it seems to have completed successfully.

Since the previous WMA/tag-related scanning issues I reported some months ago (and which Ron fixed) I have only added very “vanilla” 192k MP3 files to the library, and it seems to have full-rescanned correctly under both 1463 and 1488. I didn’t delete the .db file recently, but I _did_ do so about a month ago (so it would have been re-created by a fairly recent nightly build – maybe 4-6 weeks ago).

ted.h.

rpedde
    Participant

@S80_UK wrote:

But I think I have hit a more serious problem. If I initiate a scan, either timed, or from the web page with Start Scan, then well towards the end of the scan (maybe even at the end) the mt-daapd process gets killed! If I delete the database file mt-daapd.db and then stop and restart the NSLU2 I get back up and running again.

Anything in the log file to suggest why?

Did you change stuff in scanning? Or can you tell me (simply) how to allow svn-1463 to reinstall? It won’t at the moment because ipkg sees 1488 which is “up to date”.

Hmmm… changed a fair bit of *everything* actually. But to answer your question, you can just download an older ipk and then do a “ipkg install ./old.file.ipkg –force-reinstall”

S80_UK
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Don’t know. I can’t do this tonight now – early start tomorrow. Daft question #473 – where’s the log file live? 😳

@rpedde wrote:

Hmmm… changed a fair bit of *everything* actually. But to answer your question, you can just download an older ipk and then do a “ipkg install ./old.file.ipkg –force-reinstall”

Thanks – I just found that by some digging around. I will have to try that tomorrow as well.

I have various things to try, anyway. And apologies for the dumb questions – I still have a lot to learn on Linux stuff. I appreciate the help so far.

Ted Harper
    Participant

Hmmm, I take it back, my 1488 DID crash also after a full rescan. I was fooled by the web interface still working and saying that the scanner had returned to idle.

I still didn’t try actually streaming from 1488 but I just went back to the web interface and it was down, then when checking the logfile on the nslu2 it definitely was dead (as confirmed by ps also).

I have just restarted it and it has come up successfully. Not tried rescanning again yet; it was scanned up-to-date yesterday (with previous nightly build), so I’ll see if it stays up without rescanning.

It does seem that full rescanning is fatally broken again (for at least two of us); sorry if my earlier posting misled anyone.

ted.h.

rpedde
    Participant

@S80_UK wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

Don’t know. I can’t do this tonight now – early start tomorrow. Daft question #473 – where’s the log file live? 😳

Wherever specified by “logfile”. I don’t think I have one specified in the default slug package, as I don’t know where to put it that isn’t disk space constrained.

rpedde
    Participant

Did either of you compile with –enable-mem-debug?

Any log messages?

Ted Harper
    Participant

I didn’t recompile at all, just installed the distributed .ipk (and didn’t allow it to (re-)create the .conf file either, so that would have been identical to what was working with the previous nightly).

After the restart and NOT rescanning that I mentioned earlier, I streamed an album (192k MP3 files, totally vanilla stuff) to my Roku Soundbridge and it went well for the first few tracks then Firefly stopped sending anything to the soundbridge; just stopped playback and the library wasn’t browsable anymore on there. The Firefly web interface was still working, so the processes on the NSLU2 were still up, just it wasn’t available in a useful way.

I have now uninstalled and gone back to the previous Firefly nightly (svn-1463) and fully rescanned using that (deleted the database and config file and did a total clean install of 1463). That version had been running for about a month continuously with no problems at all, including several rescans, serving the same Soundbridge, so I might stay back on that version for a while for spouse-compatibility reasons.

ted.h.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.