svn-1005 not seeing config file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DylanMuir
    Participant

Hi,

When I start mt-daapd without forcing my config file (which is /etc/mt-daapd.conf) using the -c argument, the daemon seems to use default parameters (/mnt/mp3, etc). My mt-daapd.conf is readable by ‘nobody’.

Any ideas?

DRM

schiers
    Participant

Hi Dylan,

unless you changed that, the default config is read from /usr/local/etc. Are you sure it reads from the correct place? Nightlies are a bit tricky…

Best Regards,
    Carsten.

DylanMuir
    Participant

Aha!

It must be a new thing — I’ve never had anything in /usr/local/etc before, and never had to specify my config file in /etc …

Perhaps the installation process now creates a config file in /usr/local/etc.

Thanks,
    DRM

rpedde
    Participant

@DylanMuir wrote:

Aha!

It must be a new thing — I’ve never had anything in /usr/local/etc before, and never had to specify my config file in /etc …

Perhaps the installation process now creates a config file in /usr/local/etc.

Thanks,
    DRM

Ah, yeah. that’s a FEATURE!

make without a prefix (–prefix=/usr) sets up the config file to work from /usr/local (as that’s where you’ve chosen to install it, by not specifying a prefix). And in fact, the app honors that. The idea being that make; make install works out of the box, even if you –prefix it.

kind of non-intuitive, but least surprising, I think, and I’d argue the “Right Thing”.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.