You are here: Home » Topic » sub folders ?page 2

sub folders ?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  velociped 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

rpedde
    Participant

Making it nest really isn’t too much problem, it’s how to represent it configuration-wise.

And yeah, that won’t ever come to 0.2.3, just to nightlies.

As far as speed, I think it’s related to playlists… I’m going to change the playlist stuff and see if I can’t speed it back up. It used to be pretty much on part with 0.2.3 on slow machines, and much faster than 0.2.3 on fast machines.

It’s a work in progress.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

There isn’t a playlist file anymore, the playlists are driven by sql queries, or from the database.

As far as progress, it’s still to do, but I’ve got the database backend well and truly broken, and I don’t want to commit anything to cvs until it compiles again.

But I’ve been working on making Christmas gifts and whatnot, so the last couple weeks have been slow.

velociped
    Participant

Just to add my belated $0.02…

At present, the publication of nested playlists is not supported by DAAP…and by extension iTunes. So, unless and until Apple adds this capability to DAAP, it will need to be something which is added to mt-daapd as a feature entension. Thus, I would imagine such would move it further down the list of implementation priorities…if it is even possible.

–Herman

CCRDude
    Participant

Publication of nested playlists are not supported by DAAP or iTunes?

Why do you think that?

Imho I’ve seen this a few times around our network here, and I’ve already described that the DAAP protocol supports it, see my topic about dmap.parentcontainerid (mpco) and dmap.haschildcontainers (f??ch).

I guess I need to finish writing my debugging iTunes client… does anyone have the modified MD5 algorithm as Pascal source? That’s the only thing I’m still missing and I’m too lazy to translate it from C (somehow just changing that one bit didn’t do it, there’s something about bigger and lower endian as well)… oh and I’m not sure which part(s) of the request exactly do need to be hashed that way, if someone should know…

rpedde
    Participant

first pass at the db is done…. it compiles now, anyway. Seems to sort-of work, although there are still some problems with it. Next couple days I’ll probably have sqlite3 added, and at least have taken a look at mysql.

So I’m closer to taking a look at this.

For debugging, I use ethereal + tcpflow + a home-grown dmap-dumper. I have the source if you want it. I may just add the tools I use into cvs just so they are there for anyone else that wants to look at them. I find the flowdecoder to be particularly useful for being able to observe daap conversations.

velociped
    Participant

er, my mistake.

I have no need to use iTunes generated DAAP shares on my home network. My belief that DAAP did not support nested playlists was based on an apparently mistaken assumption. After a little testing, I find that iTunes generated shares do indeed include the publication of nested folders.

While I could make use of this functionality, I would rather see Ron concentrate on getting a few of the other database and playlist features on which he has been working implemented first.

–Herman

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.